Friday, May 03, 2013

Another Inactive Blog Entry: January 3rd 2012

Here is a blog entry from one of my 7 or so inactive blogs. I keep thinking I will make new ones but I go back to the one that has the most history. Here is a blog post written March 29, my 15th day of Sobriety. This is one of an occasional series of blog postings since early 2012. This inactive blog is called Freak Show on Parade. This is when I first moved in my current place. Note the condition of the ceiling!

Can I vote with this ID/
Today, Tuesday, January 3 and I was back to work at the welfare office. It all went pretty good . I can say one thing about today, that is that it is cold outside!! It is very cold and windy. I managed to get up on time and walked my friend's dogs, then went to the apartment to take stuff out of the trunk so it would not be freezing in the trunk.

Kitchen Jan 3rd 8:55 am
Work was ok. Since my supervisor was not in, it was pretty relaxed and my co-workers helped me since I forgot some stuff. I had to reset up the computer and recopy stuff. My goal is to make the desk neater. I cleaned off my phone which was pretty groady.


This morning I was dizzy

My landlord is going to add a cabinet and put in a ceiling light. He does tend to jerry-rigg his stuff and I am afraid that when he installs the ceiling light that it will look slummy. Well he did email me today


Make ANY Trash Can a Recycle Can!
I'm back in town, and I spent some time this morning with the metal detector trying to locate any significant metal (besides nails and screws) in your kitchen ceiling. There seems to be none. So it's up to us to pick a spot from which to hang the fan and light. I guess I'd go for the middle of the room, where lines from the corners of an imaginary box (bypassing the stove area as outside the box) would cross -- or the cross beam nearest to that spot. If you have another preference, let me know. I'll probably begin that project (cutting a hole, installing a box, and running some wire from the switch to the new box) tomorrow or Thursday, if that's ok with you.
I've also identified a kitchen cabinet that seems appropriate -- not new, but with a plain wood finish. What would you like installed first, the cabinet or the fan-light?
I emailed some friends of mine to get their opinion and they had good advice. My favorate of them was this
gem:


I'd avoid having that guy do any electrical work. We've seen his skillz.

You can probably add a plugin type of light fixture that can be mounted but doesn't need any in the wall wiring. If you are looking to have a light that you can switch on when you come into the apartment without stumbling around there are these remote control switches that can do that.

I can just imagine your landlord scanning the ceiling with a metal detector!
Ceiling back Nov 28. Where Ceiling Fan is to go???
I will keep my eye out and keep folks appraised on this ongoing process of creating a decent place to live at a value price. The photo of the ceiling is where the light is to go. I did work to make that ceiling nice and I really do not want it to look like THAT photo you see to the left. Is that UGLY or WHAT???

Well, I get up again to walk Mikes dogs  but before I go to bed, I am going to try to install a 10 dollar deal for MS office from work.






 


Speaking of freakshows. Here is the vote so far on the Iowa Caucus as of 11:27pm tonite.

Iowa

93% Reporting
Candidate
Votes
% Votes
Delegates (25)
Rick Santorum
28,10225%0
Mitt Romney
28,00325%0
Ron Paul
24,19921%0
Newt Gingrich
15,12013%0
Rick Perry
11,72410%0
Michele Bachmann
5,7675%0
Jon Huntsman
6681%0






No comments: