Thursday, May 02, 2013

May Day 2013: From Buffalo to Seattle!

Workin It!!
Getting set to leave for Buffalo on the the MEGABUS now.Meanwhile enjoy this reading from this week.
Good evening this is May 1st. it is international workers day. It is the time we say MAYDAY!!.. MAYDAY!!.. I am sure they were saying that in Seattle yesterday. They had violent May Day protests just like they did back in 1999 when the WTO came to town. The police were roundly criticized for their lack of control and professionalism. This led to the police state atmosphere in Philadelphia for the 2000 Republican Convention. I remember that well. The subways were the cleanest ever, The sleaze on the Admiral Wilson Boulevard was bulldozed in week, AND there were police EVERYWHERE. A puppet warehouse was raided and folks were wrongly arrested. Why do I say that?? Well, all the charges were dropped at trial. This was just suppression by the Philadelphia Police with ample help, I am sure from the Feds!
PACKING!!
I was feeling like me this morning. I decided to post photos that date over 30 years ago on Facebook and Route 55. I had fun choosing the photos and sharing them! After all that I went to work till 7:30. I was pretty darn tired and I decided I would
She Has a BOYFRIEND!!
take a nap. That was good and I got the  rest I needed to get packed and get ready to  get on the 11pm Megabus. I got to the line at 10:30 and that was good since I wanted to get a seat in the front seats of the 2nd level of the bus. There is a great view of the road and scenery since the windows are so clean and large. While waiting in the line for 27 minutes, I found myself around some young
Peter and I Leaving Work!
college students  The young girl was talking to 2 Asian women of the same age and kept mentioning that she was meeting her boyfriend,  saw boyfriend in his band. etc. Even the 2 women she was talking to seemed to mimic her and say that she had a boyfriend too. Man, I was starting to get a gag reflex!!  Boy I forget that girls her age love to mention their boyfriend. It's even better if they are in a band. If I had to sit near her for 10 hrs I would just move away.Well, the trip went dandy. I had a seat with NO seat in front of me and was able to doze off for most of the trip. I did get up for the sunrise
Sunrise on the NY Thruway

No comments: