Thursday, May 23, 2013

Funky Day!: Let's Welcome Humidity

Good morning! It's  Wednesday, May 22 I woke up this morning
Add caption
planning to have breakfast, coffee, and then go to the meeting. well today was to be different!!  As I poured my raisin bran in my milk out came out ANTS! they came out like little pepper flakes in my cereal. I was stunned! so 
and thought, "well that was that." I had to go in the closet and throw
out stuff and junk that had accumulated over the past 18 months. I then needed clean out all the mice poo and whatever was up there. I then decided to bring a pile of dirty clothes to the laundromat since I was already late for the 7:15 meeting. I finally finished eating breakfast so I am going down towards the meeting. I'll show up at 8:00. I then will go to TD Bank for Pat to pay Mike for work he did last year.
Good afternoon ! Today I  worked hard  at work Now it's 330 and the weatherman has turned up the heat. It is hot out here but fortuitous enough it's not disgustingly humid It looks like tonight's the night the AC gets installed just-in-time for the Memorial Day holiday just like last year  I went to Fresh Grocer  two slices of pizza at me running around because everybody is taking off Friday I'm taking off Thursday anyway anybody taking off Friday and are scheduling people today like mad that's it.
Under a Full Moon!!

I worked hard but it was a good day as work can be. I stayed till about 8 and got some messes off my desk. I even cleaned it too. I am just sitting now at Pat's just sweating to begin the ending of this week. We are coming to the end of May and the warmth will stay with us until August when the cool air will begin to return and clear our minds.
Speaking of mind-clearance, I have been isolating a bit this week. I think it starts with the traveling. I see friends and have nice times. I really get a kick out of it. The flip-side is that I soon sense a feeling of isolation from folks here at home. I have this tendency but its been mitigated by going to meeting and mostly due to Drew Pat and Larry. Group is cool but I do not see them after or before hardly at all.
Connecting can be difficult for me since I get in my own way.
I can feel a change in my mind and not sure if its leading to anything. I am not ready to jump in a relationship in over my head but I do have to wonder if I might be missing something. Life is kind of short and I am not getting any younger and the women are not either. I am glad I am not in the 20's or 30's where every woman HAS to have a boyfriend to show to all who care to watch.  That was not much fun back in the 80's and 90's. I think it may be worse for folks in that age group.today where the competition amongst smart folks is way up.
Had 2 Plain Slices at Lunch
I still have this cold but I am feeling better I think I will take a nap after Sunrise THEN go to New York. Its going to be exciting but it
At LaColumbe
will tire me out. I know I will want to stay local this weekend just to sit still for a moment. A moment before Dean moves in. A moment before I am involved, A moment before the next phase.
There is a neighborhood clean up this Sat at 10am. I plan to attend that. I think the block captain is very nice. She is smart and is mentally balanced and seems to very well adjusted and successful.. I know its not good to compare my inside with someone Else outsides but in this case I will just state the obvious....
I am writing while I wait for Pat to get up from his power nap. I am now listing to REM "Fables of the Reconstruction." Its an early one from REM
and I am on iTunes with the earphones in my own small world  of work and computers. Where the woman are in distant places that are safe for them and myself. I can email them and text them as well. Facebook is another way to communicate. Its lightweight communication and I say that as an observation not a pejorative statement. Its easier for those where non-verbal cues can not be missed. You know like a train or bus. You miss one, there is another one to catch if you want to go anywhere in life.
Frankly the political world is not right. All I hear is the press being self-righteous towards the Obama Administration about the IRS targeting of the Tea Party, Benghazi and the Justice Department peering into the media. The IRS got coughs in the terminology of the regulations. The tax-exempt code that the IRS was trying
to enforce was the 501 (c)4. This states in simple terms that these tax-exempt organizations have to provide some kind of "social service". Well, I don't know but my dear readers, most Tea Party groups are political in nature.Steven Colbert shows why he is the most knowledgeable satirist when it comes to  big money in politics. He points out the absurdity of the politics and the power of the monied interests to create a closed system of money and influence. The rules are written by the insiders and the rules are made so that only ones who really benefit from from political
combat are the consultants lobbyists and lawyers of every\stripe. On to a more cool topic. I am visiting New York tomorrow for the day. The main reason that I wanted to go was to see a show at the Claire Oliver Gallery. The opening reception with the Artist Judith Schaechter. She lives in Philly and her work is awe-inspiring. I read up on how she creates these stained-glass works and it really shows how skilled and creative she truly is. I will let the intro on her website describe the show. I will give just a short snippet.
The Battle of Carnival and Lent, Judith Schaechter's new exhibition at Claire Oliver Gallery, tackles one of the most fundamental struggles known to man, the war humankind wages between good and evil. Dancing on the psychological border between spiritual aspiration and human suffering, the Artist questions the association of an environment of confinement/reflection in the name of self betterment and the harsh realities of the physical experience of imprisonment; She is speaking about the 'prisons' we all encounter, be they mental or physical.
I have never seen her work in person, she must have shown at the ICA where Carolyne worked for a few

No comments: