Friday, July 03, 2015

Friday, July 3: Off to Atlanta

Well I allowed myself to sleep in this morning. I then hung out with Sharon after her death last night
Butters in the Morning
and we talked and it was a very fruitful. I then attempted to call over to take me straight to the airport
Waiting for Uber
but the woman appeared to be lost and was going to wrong way. So I grabbed a cab and lose a nice
Spastic Uber
amount of money but I got here on time. Thanks. I had a scare at the airport. http://www.YouTube.com/watch?v=vle9yLhNTuc
The automatic kiosk did
Cab over Platt Bridge
not work and then they couldn't find the flight because it was restricted but now I'm OK I'm in the
TSA Line
homeland security line. Well metric a little longer than normal but I got through. I had to walk on the
Getting My Backpack
way to terminate me grab the banana and I'm finally settled. My phone is charging but the battery percentage is still going down which is
My Flight
pretty bogus. Flight leaves at 2:10 PM and supposed arrive
Details
at 4:23 PM. US Airways an American emerging so let's hope it doesn't affect the flight. Well, Its now
Flying Above Atlanta
Route to Hotel
is going to run out of power in 5 min. One hour left! Well I got there on time and figured out the train schedule
I ALMOST Lost My Bag

to get to the hotel. Everyone is going smoothly toy realized that I left my backpack at the airport
The Airport Train
train station. I doubled back and fortunately somebody had returned it to the employee shack that was there at the airport. That was
View from Hotel
such a relief I couldn't even believe myself. Brian arrived
Food and Stuff are Here
at the hotel about 12 miles away and I was exhausted and I was tired but mostly I was hungry. In the hotel
Towards the Convention
room Chris gave me a Cliff bar in that help me survive till we went to take Uber down to the Georgia Dome.
Many Countries Were Represented
We saw a bunch of different things such as a place called "sober city". Period next year we went to the
Cool Flag Ceremony
Georgia Dome and realized I had to get my badge so we went to the other part of the area. There's a series of buildings that make
65,000 Strong
up The convention center here in Atlanta. well I got my tag & replaced  my program.
It was a pretty awesome experience. We couldn't quote from Philly
Add caption
when we arrived because we arrived there a little bit late to get a seat. We just stood up. They had a
Awesome
parade of flags from every country that is here in Atlanta. I don't know how many countries that were but
A Philly Friend
there were quite a few let's put it that way. It was quite a spectacle for sure. I have never been to a convention before and this convention was like NO other.  Real good stuff

No comments: