Sunday, November 23, 2014

Saturday, November 22: The Land of the Detour


This WAS to be My Route
Good morning people. Today I will slept in from the men's meeting and I'm attempting to go to the 10 and 1030 but apparently they're
The Land of the Detour
having the Philly marathon so they just closed off the whole Parkway. First off the 48 didn't show up second
Walking Downtown

the seven showed up at the bus driver forgot she had a detour to Springgarden so now she's trying
Here is a Part-Time Job
to reverse. She can't do that because cars are behind her and she can't go anywhere. So now I'm attempting to walk to the L and try
to get to this meeting. I was supposed to meet Larry at 10 but I can't.
After getting to 21st and market one to set the pluses that
The Warm Cab Ride
was supposed to stop just blew by me so I said screw it I'm going to get a cab so I'm getting a cab to 2nd Street because
Starbucks @ 3rd and Arch
there's no other logical way to get anywhere without a big hassle. I'm going to meet
At the WAWA
Larry at Starbucks at 3rd and Arch Streets.  It's now 1027 I'm about to enter the Starbucks.
Larry's South Philly Dry Cleaners
Well at the  Starbucks  and I got some coffee and bananas. We both went to the meeting. Afterwords
Condo
Larry & I did an errand and went to his dry cleaner and then we went to Wawa.  We picked up some food and drink.  We came back to Larry's and
Working on Million Dollar Condos

Mt Route Tomorrow
right next to Larry's condo.it's 3:12 PM  It was 2:50 PM  when Larry, Veronica and myself left the condo. They walked down to the Ritz

They are Going to the Ritz 3pm
to see a movie and I attempted to wait for the 48 bus at 3:03pm. Well
Front and Market Looking West
it's still screwed up going back to Fairmount or that was supposed to end at 1 PM today. I was getting cold so I just got the 17 and I'm going to pick it up and go somewhere and have a bite to eat and some coffee. Well in my infinite wisdom I decided to
2nd and Market Looking East
get off at  the bus at 20th Street. and catch the 48 at 20th
Cool Building
and Arch. It seemed like a good idea at the time until 48 just blew right past me!!
Going to Philly Marathon
So I said F-it on this effing walk. So I got to see the corral staging area of how they're herding all the runners in their respective places for the marathon.
I stopped in Sharon's hair salon as they were closing.. Then I guess I'm going to eat something turn around and head downtown. I am meeting
Almost Home
1 or 2 friends at the
Text Message Above
Ritz at 6:45 PM. I decided to hang with Sharon after her job was gone and go to the Bishops Collar
and get some delicious chili. It's now 6 PM Time to go home recharge my phone  and not be alone.
At Ultra Hair Salon
I'm going down to the Ritz. God
Selfie at Ultra Hair Solon
only knows what SEPTA is going to do to me now. I'm going to make the waiting easier I had a coffee at the
Walking Home
London bar and Grill. It was very tasty and smooth plus I drink it out of the old-fashioned coffee
Warming UP!
mug. This bus
showed up on time at 6:38 PM: I should be able to be at at the Ritz five at 2nd and Walnut
/Coffee at the London
somewhere around seven. I had written in Google maps 200 Walnut St. in at one to take me to 23rd and Walnut.
Late Lunch at the Bishops
     Well I already have the tickets save by my friend since 655 and I'm still on eight street. He is a text I got from them
My Trip to the Ritz 5
Let me know when u get off bus. I came in to get decent seats for us. I left your ticket where you give the ticket to the ticket man.  Not where u pay. Okay? Your name is in the back of the ticket. K?  I'm in the 2nd row from the back. Dead center
Okay, I got off the 48 bus and I'm about to cross Chestnut Street one block from the theater.
Arriving @ 2nd and Market via the 48!
Once I get to the theater to get some
Last Minute Text Message
popcorn and meet my friend at the Ritz five not the Ritz East!! We saw the 
movie Birdman with don't really well the ending was a bit of a disappointment
Currently at the Ritz 5
 that's for sure. But the movie was very engaging and well I might see it again. After the movie Madeline
Snacks at the Ritz
and I met up with Drew and his new girlfriend at the Continental. Just girlfriend is very nice and got along with Madeline fantastically..
Birdman
The food was delicious and we had many a laugh. I told each of them that I was going to try to do some
Drew's Friend
stand up next Thursday after Thanksgiving. And they were up for that. But I was told by Madeline that I need to write the stuff down and test it..
Coffee at the Continental 
I'll see. I got home because Madeline was nice enough to drive me to my door. With the Philly marathon
View from Parking Garage Near Ritz 5
going on SEPTA service. It will be ragged at best. Overall, a very fun evening out on the town. It had been a long time since I had seen Drew and Madeline. This was the best way possible to meet up with them again!

No comments: