Monday, March 11, 2013

Post-Feminst Reaction

A friend on Facebook shared this article in a right-wing blog called "The Spearhead."
It appears that the article is attempting to move the clock back not to 1952 but 1882. It appears that some of what I heard during the election comes from ideas espoused in this article. Woman need to give up hope if they do not settle down, procreate and get married by 25. This is just absurd and quite dangerous. I am no expert but I do pay attention to politics. If you remove hope, opportunity and growth in young people, (especially women) then they can be easily controlled. I am 51 and yes its hard to meet someone but that is life as an adult. Its hard enough to make it in this world without attitudes like this that want to put woman "In their place". I am surprised at this day and age that everyone commenting falls in line and agrees with this. One commenter even said that woman should not go to college since its a waste of time. I can see why a candidate like Todd Aiken was nominated by the Right. He REALLY believes what he says and apparently so does the writer and most of the folks commenting. Thank you for letting me disagree. I hope my low comment rating will not discourage people to read it or respond. I love our 1st Amendment!!

Here is more commentary on this anti-woman screed:

I guess they want to be provocative. I did put in a comment. Man now I know how the Republicans nominated a cook like Todd Akin. He believes in "Legitimate RAPE"  I plan to write a blog about this. These ideas might sound kooky now but mark my words, they will "bubble up" to the surface. The Right is pushing the middle to the right. I do not see the trend changing. This will weaken the unity of the United States as more control is welded by the elites. Our freedom to think, pursuit of happiness and speech will be be stifled and we may not notice until its too late to make and change. This will create hopelessness which will lead to more extremism and the government encroaching on freedom that we take for granted today.

No comments: