Friday, March 15, 2013

Mid-March World

Pat's Sketch 3-14
Center City
Pat at Home
At Hilton
Today is March 14th, but not for long. I am tired and need a break. I am not depressed nor want a drink, its just time to make tracks outta here for a few days. I am a bit burnt and want to freshen up my mind if I can.
In the meantime, my computer has been revived and is getting a complete repair and diagnostic overhaul. I was told Win 7 AND the hard drive both failed at the same time. He also states that I probably have malware. The lack of sound is being caused by software problems as well. The computer will be backed up and wiped clean, then he will have it ready by Tuesday if all goes well. I may want to visit the dude in NJ. It remains to be seen if my HP Laptop will ever work properly..
Speaking of New Jersey, I am planning to meet my friends from the Route 408 Saturday night at the Italian place in Pitman. It should be a fun time out there in old South Jersey.
I had my 1 year anniversary of sobriety and it felt real great. I think I am having the post 1 year blahs, not depression mind you just et blah.
It did not help that a dog I was walking  for 10 years got ill fast 2 weekends ago. She had to put the dog asleep this week.i met the owner to return her keys. She starting asking a bunch of questions about the circumstances of why and who the dog (who had failing kidneys by the way) was doing. I handled myself pretty good until I had the nerve to suggest that we could hang out someday. She got pretty cold about that. WOW! I am not looking to date much less marry this woman. She does not really respect me that much, seems demanding and does too many cigs and beer for me.
Well, enough of the bitching.  My life is pretty darn good these days and I am so thankful for this. I have my health, friends and I don;t need a drink today.
Pat and I have continued to hang out at his pad and I am taking photos of his sketches he then shares on Facebook. When he gets back from his dog walking at Poweltonn Village, we are going to watch a animated show called Archer. Its way cool, thats for sure. I am now listening to Wire. They sound a bit like New Order. I like the song about " THE BUZZ..BUZZ..IN THE DRUMMERS EAR."

No comments: