Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Poetry at the Green Line and Stuff

Pat's Sketch
At the Green Line
It started as a good old  rainy Tuesday morning in March. I went to LaColumbe for coffee then went to Sunrise I had to leave early from Sunrise to finish my root canal. I called my regular dentist and they said that a crown is $ 725!!. That is too much   but I was told that I could get  a"buildup" that will be $170. Next year I will get the crown when I have insurance again.
Barbara at the Green Line
I  took the 42 from the dentist then the 31. That was goofy since I had to at 32nd and Market and catch the EL to 56th Street.
Good Time at the Green Line March 19 2013
Interesting news  my computer is shot. Well,I t just would not boot up last Monday when I got home back from my meeting .My tech dude spent 3 days on it. he finished restoring it and the next morning it would not start again. At that point he just had to call HP. He told me that the chip that controls the sound (THAT went out in November) caused the motherboard to malfunction I hope to get a new computer from HP.
Lookin from the Outside
I think I found another one to buy with my tax return. It's a Lenevo 510 for $375.
This way when I be broke, I will have a back up. You know windows computers are disposable. Yup, I ain't gonna pay a GRAND for a MAC. Air.
On Mar 19, 2013, at 9:10 AM, Tim said on an email   


Yo, Mark you go through 'puters like some people go through potato chips. How did it die? Like did it just quit? The hard drive crash or what?
What can I say, Tim is correct. I hope to have the HP back back this weekend.

Well, Pat Drew and I went to the Green Line at 45th and Locust. There I met Barbara Breener of "Brenner's Brew" fame. It was a nice atmosphere a nd the poetry. At the end,  poet Joanne Leva retold Herman Melville's classic Moby Dick in poetic form. She was accompanied by John Mosemann. Mr Mosemann played some crazy/funky intraments that made the mood stand out. I really enjoyed this very much. It did remind me of Bogarts Books on some weekends of live music.
This site will have links to the videos I took by TODAY MARCH 2 6pm. This is because my computer went to "sleep" and I had to upload the videos over again. I have the computer not sleeping for 5 hours.
Its sunny out now at 9:08am
Here is a video. Its now 5;45

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mark,
Thanks for the blog post and video of our performance.

USOTOTALLYROCK

Joanne