Saturday, December 18, 2010

New Adventures in Cold

I got what I was looking for!
Its Saturday and the weather has mellowed out a bit from the snow and the blowing cold. Weds night I went to IKEA via SEPTA. The first leg was easy in that I just had to take the El to 15th Street to the Broad Street line to Oregon Ave. Next it was the rout 7 bus. I waited about 10 min but man it was cold at Broad and Oregon. I got to IKEA and after walking a bit found the item I was in the hunt for. I then went to the Rt 7 bus stop which was being the IKEA, near a Philadelphia Parking Authority impoundment lot and next to a UPS loading area.
Waiting 40 minutes in the cold!
Boy it was desolate and the wind was whipping. I waited and waited for 40 minutes and was getting very cold and it finally showed up. Needless to say I was pretty stiff and needed a long hot shower to get relief.
It was Standing Room Only on the 408!
The next day, Thursday, a small snow caused MAJOR traffic problems. The cold surfaces had cause the light snow to freeze after it had been melted by autos. Center City and Camden were at a stand still. The 5:15pm 408 bus arrived at 7;13pm and did not get to Millville till after 10pm. It was standing room only during the hour it took to get from Camden to the Booklawn Circle All the folks on the bus made the best of it and we got home safe. The driver said this was the worst delay he had seen and mind you this includes last winter with its 80 inches of snow. In fact, it was a year ago we got our first blizzard of last Winter.

By the way President Obama did sign the Tax-Cut compromise yesterday after it had easily passed Congress. The President was correct in that it would pass despite those who called it a cop-out So the rich get their goodies and some unemployed continue to get benefits. Taxes will not go up in January.
Well, its off to yoga class then helping with putting laminate flooring at Densie's house...BYE
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: