Monday, December 20, 2010

Sunday: I am Floored!

Sunday and the work on the laminate flooring continues. There is alot more to installing  laminate flooring then meets the eyeball. Man, that goes so much  slower the the Lowe's video we watched.  Jon had to have the right tools including a shaver to fit the laminate in small spaces. Also the heating vents had to be cut out after the laminate was completed. It went pretty good since Jon was cool and collected. I plan to help him again on Tuesday since the goal is to be done BEFORE Christmas. Tuesday is the only day I did not schedule so it was suggested to me to deal with that day in the most family-friendly way as possible to promote good will and harmony. Well, I will save $5 bucks but got to spend 10 bucks for the secret Santa. I wanted the gift to be $5 but I was not gonna argue with the powers that be (don't fight the power!!)
How we started Sunday.
What we got done!
I can feel some aches from the bending and kneeling on my knees. You will see on the video the precise measurements that had to take place to make the floor look right. It must be fitted correctly or it will buckle or shift. It was pretty funny when I get my shirt caught! I think the video says it all.  We called it quits around 10pm with almost half of the floor done. We ordered out from the Golden Pigeon located in a place called Carll's Corner near Bridgeton NJ. It just a 5 point intersection. The chicken cheese-steak filled me up.
Where we got Greek Salad and Cheese steaks!!
This week, I see tons of folk today Weds and Thursday. Tomorrow is the X-Mas party at the work site. The state does not want folks to have too much fun since we are paid by the taxpayer. That would be a scandal. I read in the Metro (Free on SEPTA) that having a company holiday/Christmas party at the work site is in a word LAME. Well, you know got to make your own fun while helping teen-mothers do what they gonna do.
Meanwhile, the Philadelphia Eagles scored 28 unanswered points to beat the New York  Giants. It was a 3rd "Miracle of the Meadowlands".  I did not see the game , but I checked out the web and learned that DeShawn Jackson returned a punt as time ran out. Lets just say it was an exciting game and forget about hating Michael Vick for a moment. I did wish I did see it live. Oh well, they ain't gonna be in the Super Bowel with a defense that gives up 30 points a game.
Well, I am driving to work today and gotta find some unsweetened chocolates and get some sueplys for the holidays since we all must get ready for the coming of winter. A year ago TODAY we were digging out of the biggest December blizzard in 100 years. Man that was something. I have full coverage on this blog from last December's archives. Check them out!!
Have a great week!!

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: