Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Winter Solstice and Lunar Eclipse

Winter Solstice Lunar Eclipse 2010Image by TaniaGail via Flickr
It was quite the sight. A total lunar eclipse during the Winter Solstice. Not sure this has happened before in recorded history. I got up at 2:30am and watched it till about 3:20pm. Man it was COLD! Its December 21st 2010, a historic day indeed. Is this a sign of the future? Hope the video  do this event some justice. My photos were way too small. On the way back from the WAWA in Millville, I listened to the BBC and I found the Brits to be amusuing as they can be. The 2nd video is entertaining for sure.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Stuart said...

Yes, Catherine and I went outside to watch it at various points before, during, and after. I did a special dance. Hope nobody was watching.