Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Day After Christmas

Chillin at the Start of the Blizzard.
9:30am: The Snow Begins
I started This Blog on this Computer.
HI I am at Bogart's books in Millville New Jersey. Its now about Noon and the snow is really starting to fall heavy and the wind is howling out. We have the assorted locals hanging out and staying warm. We have to leave since its a bit cold and the dogs get cold very easly. Its good that I did call off for tomorrow since I did not make appointment that would not be kept anyhow. Its Boxing Day in England. I was told its where you give your leftover gifts to the less fortunate
Today the Philadelphia Eagles play the Vikings at 8pm tonite. This is when the storm is to be at its worst. I found out later that the game is bing postponed till Tuesday night. I think that was a good idea.
5:30 pm: Storm Gets Very Windy!!
10:05 pm. The Blizzard is ON!!!
I just watched Michael Moore in Capitalism:: A Love Story. The movie showed Jimmy Carter's infamous "Malaise Speech". Mr. Moore said " There is a new sheriff in town. It talked bout how all the former bank executives are now in the US Treasury Department. Its now 5:30 pm and the snow is really blowing out. I just wonder how the State of Pa is going to handle the snow. I am sure they will not close like they should but give just a just 2 hour late. I aint coming in anyhow since I had been asked to time time off by my family. We also watched Dr. Who and a farce called Zombie Strippers.
To end the night, we watched 4 episodes of Law and Order CI, the 1st Season I found out later that the state did not close and the welfare office did open on time. A text message from a co-worker  told me she was the ONLY person from our unit to show up for work.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: