Tuesday, December 14, 2010

News of Dec 14

I mailed lots of appointments yesterday
I was riding the 408 Bus last nite on the 555pm  bus.( This bus is the only consistently on-time one on the PM schedule for the 408 Bus.). I sat there awake stewing about work, where I must have 35-40 folks I scheduled in the past 3 work days. My thoughts went in my head over and are as follows.  What can you say about work when someone you work with will not even hold off eliminating the AM round-robin of scheduling on the day of the afternoon X-Mas Party. This is knowing that this freed up time could have gone to good use to get other work done (e.g Carfare, Scheduling, etc.). I think this person gets perverse pleasure out of this. Its sad really.
As I was searching someone, I just got this news flash. The Phillies got Cliff Lee!!! It is a 5 year deal worth about 120 million. Hot DAMN!!! This shows that the Phillies mean business and shows a lack of confidence in the hitters available to make up for Jayson Werth. The hitting
Cliff Lee pitching for the first time as a mem...Image via Wikipedia
A nice sight :)
department seems to be a weak point for this Phillies team and this trade confirms this. This is very good news indeed. I don't have to feel conflicted like I do with rooting for the Eagles and Michael Vick! Think Spring BABY!!!!
It looks like the Health Reform bill passed this year is going to have a fight to become reality. A Federal Judge who was appointed by G.W Bush said that the Government can not compel folks to buy health insurance stating that buying health insurance is not interstate commerce. I think this is a stretch for sure. Health insurance companies operate across state lines. Ever hear of US Health Care, Prudential, Aetna etc?? Anyhow, this will end up in the US Supreme Court and man the Obama Admin better win this one or it will look real bad!!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: