Friday, August 09, 2013

Photos, poetry, Life: August 7 to 9

W
This is my view as I left work at 815 Wednesday night. It was a pretty mellow day as welfare days can go. I took my breaks and all was even-keel.
Market Street Weds Aug 7
I worked till 8:15 and now I am going to the EL to 13th St to a meeting that started at  8:30.
I just had a change of plans. I am going to Allentown Sat and Sunday to see an old friend Greg. It's been a long time since I hung with him. Oh I saw him last year BUT it was at Chris Eberharter's funeral in late November. I spoke to Greg and he invited me. I was to visit Regan in Lancaster this was to visit Regan in Lancaster this weekend but his Mother is ill and he will be indisposed for several months.This is me climbing up the steps at the 13th and market.. I'm walking down 13th St.toward Spruce St, To be late to meeting but I will be seeing Drew and take it from there and then go home and check the bus schedule to Allentown.
Bus 8-7
Henna Hand Tattoo
Well I am out and about in Center City night. I am looking for the William Way, Center at 13 and Spruce.I went to the meeting at the room was comfortable little small. I found myself very tired more like physically exhausted.
The View this morning
Met up with Drew after the meeting. He decided to do some shopping and missed the meeting. I crashed since I was so tired.
Its now August 8 and its cloudy and humid.
I decided to be an hour late to this or 40 W minutes late I'm The regular panhandler was on hand. 
The Head Shirker!!
walking there now not sure why the subject myself to this but I stayed to show up. Well,  work was okay I didn't leave anybody with apartments it is now 240. I am going to a 3 o'clock Appointment with the therapist. The forecasted rain has begun it's steady but not too heavy. I am feeling like I'm finally getting out of the fog . It is 2:43 PM and the EL has left 56th Street station.
Yes, meeting went well. Group was cool.  with and then I walked around a friend of mine and then I had some Ok Cupid thing I'm heading home and the batteries dying. Well I got home ate and then
Keeping Cool at my Place
went to bed after talking to Larry and watching YouTube Vids of Bill Mahr.
Today is Friday August 9th and I am writing this and being late to work again. I seem
Penn Construction on Walnut St near 33rd
to do this. I ended up missing the meeting this morning since I was again an hour off. I wanted to have an hr to pay my new Best Buy Credit Card, get my Allentown Bus Ticket and whatnot.  I leave Philly from 10th and Filbert at 12:20pm and arrive Saturday at 2:40pm. I get to go to Men's and possible have coffee with folks and chill out in Philly before I ride off to Allentown to see Greg. I have not seen him
since last November and BEFORE that it was, say, 15 years ago at least. Should be an interesting and fun time.
Its still cloudy and humid but we did not get that scary rain that was threatened for yesterday. Got to shower now.
I was a fine shower now I'm walking to the L towards 46th and heading to work
.
Am I will be working late if nothing is going on are nobody intends to meet me.
I don't think I'm going to go in for service but I will pick up my glasses so that Maplene out of work depending how
much I get done.  
I'm sure they're ready now the glass or two getting that might be kind of suffering without  my glasses.
The EL is cool. its cool becausrvthere's only two stops to 56 street and only two blocks to work
I like this coming a little late working a little late.It seems to fit my mental state at this time.
Well it's a couple minutes until 10 AM I'm approaching the building and again the clouds are looming but we do have a breeze.
You all know adolescents have puberty and they go through changes!!  Well at age 51 I think I'm going to the same thing in an inverse way!
I got sent some quotes from a famous  
OJ and seltzer, the pause that refreshes!

poet In an email today. I just read it this morning. i think it really describes the essacr of human wants and needs. this was one of the poems of  
Rainer Maria Rilke that was sent to me. It was a collection sent via email. Here it is,
"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are
            11:41 AM August 9th 2013
princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love.”
 “We need, in love, to practice only this: letting each other go. For holding on comes easily; we do not need to learn it.” 

I shared this with several folks. One particular really appreciated me sending this poem.
Rilke is one of those poets I never tire of. He has been with me through many a transition and a few transformations. My favorite poems are Rilkes or Rilkean.
Thanks for this.
  I is now 1:13 PM. Time to hit the Rite Aid to get some cash to pay for my vegetarian Mai Phoing. Yes the humidity is kickin that's for sure!! The line for pretty slow to as you can see here http://bit.ly/136vk4M

After I ate my lunch I got this one list  ALMOST completed I did not stay late to get something done,,
Well, while I was busy,  it was pouring rain
outside I am now on the EL picking up my glasses that I paid Mucho bucks for. I get off the 13th girl I will check out my options of what I shall do.  I may go to a meeting, get service, meet up downtown or go back home to West Philly. I will.play it by ear.
     13th and Sansom, Friday, August 9, 

To sign off on this blog entry and distribute have a good weekend see what happens.
6 PM I'm at the eyeglass place waiting...signing off..

No comments: