Monday, January 31, 2011

Buildings Set for Demolition by Feb 1st

Monday or TuesdayImage via Wikipedia
These 2 Buildings to be Demolished Tomorrow

Arrow Tax Building Jan 30th
Well, I am driving to work this morning. The weekend went by faster then usual and I am wondering when the demolition will be begin. I am of course talking about the Arrow insurance building which as of this morning at 6:22am is still standing. They did peel of the siding and I could see the black insulation. This is how the old house at Buck and Pine looked before THAT went crashing down. My source gave me this assessment:
The tax building will probably start to fall on Monday morning. There are a few issues with coordinating the demo with the big steel beams in the Levoy but they should be resolved on Monday or Tuesday. I look for the tax bldg to go first and the top of the Tea room early on. The light steel will likely be picked from the debris by Gartons and Ogren and then the big beams can be handled.
I will have the photos as the building goes down. (Did you know that Monday or Tuesday is a collection of Short Stories by Virginia Wolf? I just learned something this morning!!) Stay tuned for the updates. It will be good to see this eyesore. Well, if you get lemons make lemonade. This is how I see this demolition. The city will be done with another eyesore, like Millville Gardens!
As for the weather, it looks like we will just get the "wintry mix". Can the weather service be incorrect 2 times in a row. Not likely in my opinion.
6am Today Coffee Time!
I have cat sitting, bank errands and a direct deposit change that has to be done today. I also have a possible part-time interview I wish to delay a week due to the snow. Schools were closed for 2 days and I need a certain document. Not sure the job will be worth it since it pay under $10/hr. Work was a mess when I left Friday since I could not concentrate due to pressing issues outside of the welfare. Now its 7:10 I have to get ready to drive to work. The sun is out.
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

Liz Nicklus said...

Love that Virginia Wolfe poster - where is that?

Stuart said...

That Tax building is indeed an eyesore. Was it an ugly facade on top of something older, or was it built like that?

What's going to go up on the site of those two damaged buildings next to the Levoy site?