Saturday, January 29, 2011

Snow, Sledding, and Brenner's Brew

Weds 6:46am on the 408
Pat, Mike, and I at Dahlik
The Blizzard Ends in West Philly
Sledding at the Art Museum
Sledding on a Cookie Pan!! I lost my keys here!!
I FOUND MY KEYS THE NEXT DAY!
Well, I was in Philly for Weds and Thursday nights due to the weather. My 2 friends and I went out for a few drinks and my friend with the big head joined us and we had some good conversation. We went to Dalhak and Queen of Sheeba We decided that we should go sledding at the Art Museum Steps. Boy, that was a grand time. There were a bunch of young folks out having fun. There were all these dudes riding souped-up golf carts. It was a pretty wild scene for sure. It was very pretty out at 2 am when the snow ended. Yesterday, I realized that I did not have a set of my keys since I was tumbling alot while sledding. I went back to the Art Museum at the urging of my friend Mike. He stated that folks do save other's keys. I got to 30th Street station and then walked though the slush the 15 inch snow left.  I looked and LO and BEHOLD..there were  my keys :). Man I was sure lucky that's for sure! My employer the Commonwealth of Pa  was CLOSED Thursday. That was only the 3rd time in my 18 years that has happened. The last time was the 1996 Jan 15 blizzard that dumped 35 inches.
Powellton Village Snowball

Delicious Lunch at Brenner's Brew in Bridgeton NJ
Well, yesterday, Friday I worked hard. I had to deal with some sudden some bank issues and this limited my ability to get my work done. Last night Carolyne picked me up in Pittman. We checked out Pittman Grove which is the old Methodist Camp. Its a pretty neat little part of Pittman. We next went to Barnsboro NJ. We went to this tavern restaurant. It  was called the Barnsboro Inn. It had the best chicken cheesesteaks. It was nice and spicy for sure. The folks there were friendly. It was nice to go out to eat for a change.
Add caption
Today we went to Carolyne's Ostara Yoga Class at the Energy Center located on Commerce Street in Bridgeton NJ. We did nice stretches and her sisters were there. We then had lunch at Brenner's Brew and it was a festive atmosphere. We are going to try to do this each month. Its a relaxing atmosphere and the food is varied and quite tasty and affordable! We signed up with TD Bank and they made it easy to get a new account.  Oh yes, we got the neighbor to install the new propane heater. It took him and a friend to get the thing installed the correct way. The studio can now be used
Tomorrow we are going to clean house since we have a visitor. Next week its carfare and catch up at work and new snowstorm on the way.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: