Wednesday, January 12, 2011

1-11-11: A Day of Future Past

4:45am this morning :)
High and Pine 7:16am 1-11-11
48th and Walnut 8:15am 1-11-11
Hello. Well the snow has stopped and it was not that terrible as I can tell at 5 am. I am driving to work today and as long as I drive carefully, I should get there in decent shape. I could not see any news from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania website so I can assume that all is open as usual. I did not notice that the Philly Schools were closed. Yesterday I got a close look at the Windermere Apartments in West Philly. Man what a wreck. I shot some photos of the place and filmed the contrast between the Levoy collapse and the apartment fire. See, I used to live a block from 48th and Walnut and its kind of eerie that 2 catastrophes happened  a week apart from the 2 place I have lived in the last 16 years.
The day had a gray feel to it but it was a pretty good day overall. Work was in a flow and I did not get so many calls. I got some stuff done and that was cool.
Outside my House 4:40am Jan 12 2011
I am noticing that my battery in this computer is dying and I will have to get the chord to keep going. Ok, got the chord. I am going to leave early so I can drive with ease. I get paid Friday which is a good thing for sure. January is almost half over and I have an important appointment next week. That should be interesting. Oh I tried Balli Hai beer. Its from Indonesia. Its selling at Canals for 10 bucks a case. Maybe I will try some.  Here is the latest news from my source about the rubble clean up at the Levoy:|
"No timetable until the engineers, OSHA and insurance companies are done investigating. We are anxious to resume but must be prudent. Today was a good day though."
So it looks like things are on schedule.
Like my Moody Blues reference. Its now 5:32 am and its time I get going and step away from the computer and become a commuter.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: