Thursday, April 21, 2022

Wednesday, April 20: I Visit Siesta Beach Tarpon Springs & Drive to Saint Augustine Florida


Hey today was an interesting day for sure. I got up and Linda and I had French toast that she made. It was quite delicious. I 

had some coffee and we talked about it and I try to decide what I was going to do the rest of the day. We decided that we’d go to siesta beach 

rather than drive all the way to Tarpon Springs. We went to the speech is supposed to be the number one beach in America. It was a bit of a drive actually. 

It was about a 20 minute drive through Sarasota. It’s actually on an island. Well, we had a hell of a time trying to find parking

 we ended up picking the worst
time to go to the beach because all the free parking is taken up and $17 parking lot. Went to the beach and it was really nice. It 

was a bit windy though. The little umbrella we were using blew over while we were taking a walk along the beach. 

Fortunately didn’t roll around and hit the neighboring sunbathers next to us. There were a lot of people on this beach. The only place that didn’t have a lot of people on them were 

places where they had private beaches where some condos were or timeshares were. The sand was really really white and felt almost like talcum powder. I’ve never seen sand so white

 in my life. It was very smooth and it wasn’t all that hot to walk on. The 

water was 74° which is nice very nice and I’ve never swam in the Gulf 

of Mexico before. It was like a big day. There were barely any waves he could just 

roll around in the water and sit let the water splash over your body. 

Anyhow, we left the beach and headed back to her place. To shower and and

 decided I would leave for Tarpon Springs. I packed up my stuff and headed out to Tarpon Springs. I 

got there in a good time. The sun was starting to set and made for some very nice

 pictures. I bought a couple of sponges and managed to go to a  place

 it’s all Greek food takeout so I got a Gyro sandwich and boy that thing was stuffed. I chow down that bad boy real fast. I walked around a little bit and saw a woman

 combing her hair outside her car for a while her hair was the longest hair I think I’ve ever seen a dick she was putting conditioner in it right outside right in public. It was a little strange but  

it was kind of mesmerizing. Anyhow I just thought I’d go to Saint Augustine and headed out for a 3 1/2 hour tour mostly in the dark. Going through 

Central Florida is tricky because there’s no one way to get there.  I noticed that every gas station prices regular gas for $4.09 a gallon. Almost every gas station had the same price. I did however find gas for 398 a gallon and immediately pulled over in filled my tank even that was only half empty. I got to this hotel which was you know pretty modest 

but it was the cheapest one and I reserved it literally as I was driving towards Saint Augustine. It was like 84 bucks. That’s not bad in this day and age. I talked to Larry on the phone for a little while. And decided I just needed to go straight to 

bed because I wanted to get up by 8 AM tomorrow to see as much at Saint Augustine. I’d like to see my former sponsor lives
 in Jacksonville
 but I don’t think I have enough time because it’s a 4 Hour Dr. from here to the rental car place.  Larry is picking me up and his wife so I really need to be there. It was a nice day and the car drove very well. 

No comments: