Sunday, August 22, 2021

Sunday, August 22: A Road Trip to Scranton

Hi there. I thought about getting up early in Meeting to meet 4 Coffee.  But your idea

 was scrapped because it was too damn early! I went back to sleep in the extra two hours of sleep does that saved me. I had to
 first call Avis/Budget Rent-A-Car place 

 o see if my reservation was still going or not. I need a do reservation because I couldn’t find the old oneI have
the first call Eve/budget Rent-A-Car 

 lace to see if my reservation was still going or not. I need a new reservation because I couldn’t find the old one. Well I found out that the place was in Glenolden on McDade Boulevard. This part of Delaware County haven’t been down before. Fortunately SEPTA had a bus called the 113 which took me directly there. That’s the reason I picked the place. The woman who saw me 

 as very customer service friendly and double triple check the car etc. I didn’t drop the car which was a 
Mitsubishi. I really like the car was nice and small so I wouldn’t use 

 p to much gas. Anyhow, I talk to my brother on the phone and updated yesterday‘s blog posting and ran a little late.. We got by that issue and then packed up and decided we would go to 
Scranton because it was too cloudy and and rain ☔️  was everywhere. I try to avoid the turnpike as much as possible because I didn’t take easy pass and they really charge of the nose do use that road. I 

 manage to go to Allentown and then we took a meandering route through interstate 380 in went through a small town near Scranton and then went to the actual town itself. Fortunately

 the rain hadn’t started till we got to look at her uncles house and Lynn’s mom‘s place as well. It was very interesting we went through

 the Italian section. Before then we drove right by the University of Scranton
which looks like it has taken over the neighborhood

 and looks very nice. After our tour in the old neighborhoods, we decided to to Fratelli’s restaurant to  get something to eat. We checked if it was crowded and it wasn’t so we plant in a booth

 and had pasta and pizza. That pizza was gigantic. The pasta was a dinner that was split in half. Place was very casual and I was in the mood for spaghetti and meatballs since I was in the
 Italian section of an old city. About the time we left the rain started steadily. As we drove the rain become became a torrential 

 onsoon for 2/3 of the trip. It didn’t start calming down till we got towards Norristown. I fortunately felt pretty awake because I got that 2
 hours extra sleep the night before. I know 

 hat salvage me because that kind of drive is really tiring. It’s dark and it’s pouring rain never a good time to drive.

No comments: