Friday, February 05, 2010

Blizzard #2 is On the Way!!!!

I think this from today's Philly Inquirer about says it all: "A swath marked "PARALYZING" includes the Philadelphia area on a storm prediction map from AccuWeather. With it was a news release in which meteorologist Alex Sosnowski makes the following statements: "Plan on 'no travel' in the Virginias, central and southern Pennsylvania, the Delmarva and much of New Jersey Friday night into Saturday." "Snowfall rates may reach 3 inches per hour." "Storm crews may not be able to keep up." "This storm, especially because of the winds, could be worse than the Dec. 19-20 storm, which dumped more than 20 inches of light snow on Philadelphia, Accu-Weather warns."

Meanwhile locally here in Millville according to today's Daily Journal:
"City Commissioner David Vanaman said the city will use its reverse 9-1-1 system for the first time. About 6:30 p.m. today, automated calls will go to residents living along local emergency snow routes to remind them not to park along them during the storm. Just yesterday the maximum snowfall amount was foot of snow Well, I can leave later since I am taking the car to work to shop at the Fresh Grocer at 40th and Walnut. That is the same store I went to yesterday morning and when I get there there will not be the hordes that flock to the store just before any ole blizzard. A fellow blogger in Millville Robert Owens documented folks getting ready for the latest apocalypse caused by snow. I could not agree with him more!! I mean gimme a break, the WAWA's (dozens here in S. Jersey), the 7-11's and the bars will stay open.
This storm will cost the City of Millville PLENTY. The costs for the December 19-20th blizzard were $66,000! The city did have reserves for that one but NOBODY could have predicted 2 Blizzards dumping 2 FEET of SNOW! I am sure the city will be asked where will they find the money to pay for it??
The Farmer's Almanac was right on the money on this winter which will be a record-breaker. I mean its ONLY February 5th and of course we still have March which is always full of delights!
So far have not heard from the owners of Always Better Grown (ABG), not NOT AIG! They are the people I work for at the Philadelphia Flower Show which is only 3 weeks away.its 6:30 now and I am heading out. Stay tuned to this blog for photo and first hand accounts of THIS blizzard, our first one this year 2010. I will have video as well.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm excited about it. I don't ever remember this much snow in Millville! I think the combination of being the beginning of the month, the superbowl, and the snowstorm is why the grocery store shelves are so bad. A facebook friend said that shop rite was so busy yesterday they ran out of carts!
Stay safe & warm. I intend to spend the weekend in front of my fireplace! :-)

Unknown said...

I shoveled yesterday and I now can take care of other things. Hope you enjoyed the snow