Thursday, February 18, 2010

NJ Transit a 30% Fare Increase!

I just read in Bob Ingle's column that NJ Transit is going to announce plans to raise fares up to 30%
Yup, when your subsidy goes down, just raise fares. I have heard from a bus driver that NJ Transit is WAY TOP HEAVY. Lets get with the program. I know from riding the bus EVERY DAY that many folks would suffer under a 30% fare hike. This is tax increase for the riding public. If they hold public hearings, my trusty camera and I will be there. Knowing them, I will have to go to Camden since Millville and Vineland are backwater places to the management team up in North Jersey
"The potential fare hike exists because NJ Transit faces a $200 million gap in the fiscal year 2011 budget, due to loss of state subsidy cut last year, and federal funds, which are not available for the coming budget. The Assembly Transportation Committee holds hearing on it Thursday."

No comments: