Sunday, February 28, 2010

February 25th The Blizzard that Wasn't

When I last wrote here, there were ominous signs that we were in for another windy snowstorm. Well I woke up to light snow and it was pretty though the ride though Newfield and the other small towns on the way to Philly. I was talking to folks on the bus and we all were concerned about getting home. I was going to take the car but that did not work out so I took my chances. I had lots of chores on this Thursday and a blizzard would not have been helpful. I went to 48th and Cedar for a dog walk and met my friend Jon who I have not seen in awhile. He was on the way to work. He did decide to say in W. Philly to raise his kids. Work was next. I worked hard on carfare stuff which I can not photo nor video or find myself in hot water. After working 8 hrs, I then went on my odyssey of errands. I took the Market El to 30th Street and took the 10 Trolley to 35th and Lancaster to pick up new keys for the 48th and Cedar dog owner who was away in warm Arizona, then to St Bernard Street between Chester Ave and Springfield Ave for a cat feeding. I then walked to 48th and Cedar, took the trolley to 30th Street then the El to 40th. From there I went to the bank, then got a case and walked to my friend Pat and that was the end of the day. Turns out when I woke up there was not too much snow early Friday morning...

No comments: