Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Daily Journal Forums: DONE!!!

Like many folks I participated in the Daily Journal Forums. For those who might not know, they are the comments after articles written by a professional reporter.
Also like everyone on these forums, I made up a screen name. After about 2 years of responding to the critics of the Arts District, funding of the Levoy, the Commissioners, the racetrack, I am calling it quits. There is no point in having a discussion with people who make personal attacks knowing who I am but NEVER divulging who they are.
It came to a head in Saturday's Daily Journal. There was an article concerning that Millville developments are shedding their age restrictions. I as Slappythedoorman wrote:


I am sure that you all who write do care about the towns you live in. Would you rather see abandoned housing projects rather then being given a 2nd chance in the worst economy since the Great Depression?
Have any of you been to a zoning board or planning board meeting in Millville or Vineland? Well, I have and NOBODY SHOWS UP!! They are held once a month on the first Thursday in Millville and I am sure Vineland has a regular meeting date as well.
I encourage all of you who are upset and disagree with this turn of events to show up and be a part of solution in this poor economy. Its time to put up or shut up. This is assuming that you care.


Yes, I was provocative but I was trying to engage. I also did not make personal and vulgar comments. Part of my tone is reading this stuff over and over. Here are 2 responses I received:


baitnswitcharue wrote:
You people that bought homes in the age restricted developement be sure to visit slappythedoormans' art gallery .
Mark where is the Fithian House Gallery ? I'm sure these folks you told to SHUT UP would just love to come to your place and voice their concerns to you personally.
Now when you go there take some chapstick and toilet paper for mark, his lips get sore from kissing so much butt downtown while begging for tax hand outs from US. The TP, so he can clean the butts before he kisses them.


How about this gem:

Oh, Just Shut Up ! Right Mark ! Take your own advice, you butt munch welfare queen. Tough crap if you bought a home in an Adult Community. They allowed for a higher density of homes because they said there wouldn't be so many people living there.

Why have ZONING LAWS ?

Maybe the idiot Mark should just SHUT UP !
Now you people that got screwed over stop in and patronize his failed business, maybe he'll stop begging for hand outs downtown. Never mind our new governor took care of his wagon, Ha, ha loser. Have a happy UEZ day ? ha,ha,ha...


Now is this real discourse? No more spelunking in this cesspool of haters. I have no time for those who just want to attack for their jollies. Let someone else engage them. If anyone wishes to comment, anonymous comments will now be blocked in keeping with my stance.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think you owe anyone an explanation Mark. You must consider the source when dealing with those commentors. They are, unfortunately, of Millville mentality. Don't them them rile you. You are entitled to your opinion, as they are.

lforbes said...

What is "Millville mentality"? Please describe.

Crackers said...

Hi everyone it's Sugar Baby again. Boy do I like chicken. I'm glad there's fried chicken when I'm in Millville. Please zoning board don't take away the fried chicken in the arts district. I'll even eat the skin an suck on the bone too. But don't give me any pickles. I hate pickles! mark, I think you need a psychic advisor. Now, I know there's already one in the arts district, but Millville can have more than one psychic, right? This reading is just for you...I see a car, and a body of water...now I'm just the medium, it's up to you to find the meaning...I see a photograph, on the wall, or maybe it's on a shelf....and someone passed away, a friend maybe, in the last ten to fifteen years... there's something you wanted to say, but didn't. But they're telling me it's alright, you meant well. Now I see back pain....yes that's it...or maybe it's the neck........I'm losing the connection.....well, that's your psychic advice. Wait, here's something specific, so you know this psychic advice was just for you...it's a red car, like the one on top of your blog. Well, I'm off to get my nails done, in the arts district. When I was little, daddy said "Look Sugar, Baby loves chicken, she even eats the skin." That's why they call me Sugar Baby. But don't call me Pickles. I hate Pickles! Please zoning board, more fried chicken in Millville!

Unknown said...

I don't know I think we could do something with this stuff. It's all amusing when put together and viewed from a very high tree-top in Washington State. I am joining Butterfly up there. Oh, that's right she came down. Well, come on up. Good stuff from this perspective. Keep it up and maybe we can sell a sitcom called "Millville Mentality" or, I love this one, "Cesspol of Haters." Ohhh, get 'em where they LIVE! HEEEE HEEE NOLOL THO HAAA I will definitely have a bit part. more fun than having people sneak into your house at night at lift stuff. TOtally amuzing. Keep it up. Don't stop. Keep it up. Got to have rhythm for that last party, sorry folks.