Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snowstorm Feb 10 2010




Today the storm continued. When I first woke up this morning at 8am, there was not that much snow on the ground AND it was sleeting and raining on and again. I thought it was not the storm it was supposed to be. I could have gone to work. The one photo I did take here shows that the roads were mostly slush. I had a hearty breakfast of pancakes and eggs since I wanted to shovel the slush off before it froze. I had heard changing forecasts that show that the worst of the storm was going to happen after Noon or 1pm We have watched the TV and its nothing but the weather ALL DAY. Unlike the other storms, power lines are down and about 115,000 people are out of electricity. Man, that would REALLY be bad to have no power and be stuck in your house. Only the El and the Broad St lines will run with any regularity and the city of Philadelphia is closed again today. So far the State of Pa has NOT committed to closing tomorrow. I will check NJ Transit for their service if I need to.This storm started last night and put a nice coating of snow. The forecasts were so dire that for the FIRST time in the almost 20 years working for the State of Pennsylvania, they announced that state offices would be CLOSED!! Usually they make us wait till the wee hours of the morning to let us know. Here is the announcement from the state website: Full-Day Closings of State Office Buildings On Wednesday, February 10, 2010, non-essential employees under the Governor's jurisdiction are authorized for a full-day closing for the following locations: Capitol Complex Pittsburgh Office Bldgs Harrisburg area Reading State Office Bldg Philadelphia Office Bldgs The State of Pa website also announced this: Due to inclement weather, the Pennsylvania Stimulus Oversight Commission meeting scheduled for Thursday, Feb. 11, has been cancelled. I think they MIGHT have us CLOSED tomorrow Feb 11th if this is any indication. I have an appeal downtown at 11am so I do think we will be closed. 2 Days in a row!! That would be unprecedented!!
The first video was taken at 8:06am this morning and you can see that there was not that much snow on the ground and it was mostly slush. The 2nd video shows the start of the blizzard portion of the storm!!


No comments: