Monday, February 15, 2010

Jan 13th: A Day in West Philly

I was in West Philly making a few extra bucks. The snow was all over the place but it was cool to be there. I walked this dog several times, visited a bar that USED to be Murphy's Tavern back in the day and hung out with Pat. I got a text message from my sister that her oldest daughter were going to visit Penn and I met them at Houston Hall and managed to convince them to go to an Ethiopian restaurant on 45th and Locust Called Abyssinia. The food was great but the wait was over an hour. Wes joined us at the restaurant and he talked about Penn and applying to other 2nd tier colleges.
I then drove Alice and Becky to Dave and Debbie's house and we all chilled out and had a nice time. I had to get home but the the rest of them had some dinner. There are more photos at Picasa to enjoy and share. All in all a good day!!

4 comments:

Stuart said...

Geez, who is that old man next to Alice's daughter.

mkrull said...

I think you might know him. An olde neighbor of ours who commutes to Va 3x week and is hard to get a hold of

Carl B. Johnson said...

The Abyssinia is great - I like the bar upstairs.

Anonymous said...

"I like the bar upstairs". Too bad you couldn't utilize that money to pay your child support so your children had the basics while growing up.