Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Strange Days..

I head a story that made it clear that Millville can be a strange place. Take this for example. A man was randomly attacked at the ACME at 10 am in the morning this past weekend. Thank God they caught the man.
Today it was confirmed that the Oar House on High Street is being sold. A city resident named Todd Moore who said he would keep it as an Irish Pub. That the Oar House was up for sale was the worst kept secret in Millville.
Next got hated on in Facebook. I did not know you can write F*&K on that site but I guess you can...
On more cheerful note, we paid a visit to the Amethyst and boy what a huge building that has so much potential. I hope soon it can show its true colors.
We just got 7 inches of snow and I hear we may get even more of the stuff. At least the days are getting longer. Heck, I can see the sun for an hour after work. YIPEE!! One of our dogs June peed in the bed as we were getting ready for bed and the cat tipped over a bunch of water in the kitchen trying to lick water. Love them but sometimes...
I will try to attend the City Commission meeting tonite to record the proceedings and see what the latest goings-on in our town.
Work is just wacky as usual but I have to go now since its now 5:28am. Happy Goundhogs day to you and your kin

4 comments:

Stuart said...

who is hating on you on FB? I couldn't find it on your page.

Yes, you can curse like a sailor on FB (you should see Catherine's).

Unknown said...

http://www.facebook.com/paul.kanevsky?ref=nf
Its right here

Anonymous said...

I just wonder if the Acme attacker was a beggar who was getting even because (attacker) was refused a donation by the attackee? News stories said he was arrested living in his car.

When is mudville PD going to crack down on these beggars?

Just last week I visited a $ store in plaza that sits between 2nd & High Streets after patronizing a local taylor shoppe (since they recently moved out of Romano-Land), & I was harrassed by sum bum seeking sum loose change from my $hopping trip.

Isn't it against the law to loyter & harrass shoppers?

Carl B. Johnson said...

The attacker at Acme had a history of being mentally unstable from what I hear. he was fired from a job for attacking a co-worker the same way, out of the blue and without any reason - he claimed he did it "because I felt like it" in both cases.

In NJ, the state is closing down mental institution after institution, and law proclaims that the mentally unstable have more rights than the unsuspecting public that can be harmed when a mentally ill person refuses to take their medication.

Beside having no place to house those that are a danger to society, we have fallen way short on services to assist those that can be helped with medicine.

As far as beggars - the city would face a lawsuit by the ACLU if it tried to enact any ordinance forbidding a "citizen" from enjoying their rights of free speech.

And, I think the police have their hands full with more important issues, such as "ganstas" shooting each other in house parties. At least Broughton is out of my neighborhood now, and that gun-play happened on someone else's block!