Saturday, October 14, 2023

Saturday, October 14: Lansdale to Jim Thorpe, PA in the Rain

Well, I woke up up in Lansdale and we visited her mom 

and that was pleasant and we had some pretty strong coffee. They served there


 for free and we had that and then we decided we’re gonna go to Jim Thorpe 

anyway even though it’s pouring like cats and dogs out here we arrived at Jim Thorpe and oh my God it’s so goddamn crowded. I couldn’t believe it. I know it’s tor, but oh my God it’s really crowded I’m 

guessing because today’s the fall leaf festival that they have here. I mean there’s a packed house for the choo-choo train that comes through here. Went 

to the Turkey Hill to get a couple snacks and go to the bathroom. This is the best place to find the bathroom . Two guys are telling us it’s an hour long and it’s 20 bucks each for

 the train. We decided we’d eat our sandwiches in the car since it was pouring rain 

and we don’t want to be standing out in the rain, eating, etc. 

so that’s what we did it was fine then we went and did our serious walk, Mary and I walked 

down the streets of Jim to Pennsylvania. We saw where the Molly Maguires

 were hung for their union activism. This happened in 1877 as you well know. It’s now 3:35 PM and

I were getting ready to go home because it’s starting to get cold. It’s a good thing we came before November 5 because that’s when we have to turn our clocks back for daylight standard time. Anyhow, we got to see some cool looking buildings and really good Halloween decorations outside peoples house. They were very exceptional out here. This is a total tourist De section which I’ve never gone to before I just went to the other side which looks like any, small town in Pennsylvania. Within, went back to the turkey hill and got some more provisions before we were walked back to the
parking lot to get ourselves going. well, we headed back and arrived

 around 5:25 PM. We were going to miss the five something train so we just hung out and we took the Uber to Comar around 7 o’clock. The train ride was pretty rowdy for a commuter

 train. That’s because they’re a lot of temple students going back home was a stuffy of the morning commune train where if he talk too loud they look
 at you funny. anyhow we then walk back to her place and then I had to go back home to try to catch up on sleep because I didn’t sleep much of the weekend. Anyhow, it was

 a fun day despite the really exceptionally shitty weather. It really was.



No comments: