Sunday, June 25, 2023

Saturday, June 24: Road Trip to Bombay Beach & Salton Sea

This morning I got up and ate my usual breakfast of cereal coffee.

 I didn’t notice Alice was gone for services so I got bye walked around a little bit talked on the phone and then I started listening to all of 1972 recordings 
of network news, talking about Spiro Agnew resigning also 1973 of Nixon 

getting in trouble with Watergate. Boy was network news a lot different 

than what we have on cable news now with all sensationalism mean by us and all that


 crap they just reported the news. If the same thing happened today, they be covering up for


 Agnew and for Nixon, I may be able to get away, but back then Agency 

had to sign, vice president see as part of the plea deal, which I never knew about

 before. Anyhow, I was about to text Alice and she drove by as I was talking

 on the phone little bit. Anyhow, we decided we would 

go to Bombay Beach, which is right next to the Salton Sea that famous/infamous 

sea that was polluted beyond recognition because of runoff from fertilizer, and other 

chemicals in farms, needed to grow their crops and feed their cattle.  it 

was a nice long drive about 2 1/2 hours to get there. It was a very interesting

 scenic drive. I took a whole massive pictures from it because it’s

 kind of landscape. I’m not used to seeing living out in the East Coast 

all my life. I’ve been out to the desert before. Did you cumber  

For it Hot Springs to Cuba Hot Springs and we drove past there pretty close to Calexico 

California. That’s a combination of California and Mexico



 mixed together and make one word. On the way there I had to go to the bathroom

 so bad we ran into this little town called La blah and we went to a 

Circle K that wasn’t part of mobile and I got my blessed relief. There was 

nowhere to pull over and go in the bushes or anything we were truly

 in the middle of nowhere imperial county, California. it seems all they do is plant hair and then turn it into Haybale‘s. We saw a sign that says burn bail and go to jail.

 It was very weird place. Once we got to the Salton Sea and saw Bombay Beach we realize this place was deserted yet a few people

 lived there. I think the population now is approximately 300 people or 250 people total. The water emits a smell that’s really really nasty. It 

smells like cancer. We drove around and then we drove walked along the beach and they are not to go in the water since it’s 

full of chemicals, and what not. It used to be a resort where people like Frank Sinatra went to entertain and relax.  It’s unbelievable

 what it’s turned into some funky artist colony, and survivalist out 

in 100° heat. Well it was warm but it wasn’t very humid 

which made it tolerable but on the beach itself is pretty damn hot. We then decided to turn around and head back to power 

way, and we did that, and the sun glare was in our face , but Alice drove very well 

and we got back to Poway a little before 9 PM. Once we got back to 

power away, we had to shower because we both felt like we had gross stuff on us from the weird air there. I talked on the phone



 took a shower and ate a bunch of pasta and watched a really silly movie on Netflix , it was the movie about the guy suing a dating site for not guaranteeing

 love. It was pretty predictable but harmless. Anyway it’s late and it’s time to wind down my time in California.


This place is quite the most unbelievable place. I saw a YouTube video
about The Salton Sea and it was 
just some funky ass art and I just had to see the art. I wasn’t gonna go in the place because it’s you can’t go in the water. It’s not safe. But it’s a place that I’ll always remember going to. You know it was a fun road trip. my trip is ending officially Monday morning. I’ll be going to call Yoga tomorrow morning in the following morning probably.

No comments: