Sunday, October 24, 2021

Sunday, October 24: A Trip to Jim Thorpe Pa

Well I got myself up a little bit earlier so I could take care of business feed the cat etc. I had

little bit of cereal and then after all that I barely caught the 109 bus out towards 

Chester. I had to stop doing that. Anyhow the bus trip went smoothly



 it went through Lansdowne Clifton Heights and then Springfield. I got

 the best service on the rental car place. I was seeing right away the car 

was available right away and it was clean. I then took a very scenic route from the car rental place and also filled up with gas it was 348 a gallon which is now considered 


very cheap.  I got to the Ardmore House a Rental and 15 heard the call of mother nature and then got ready to try to head out sooner than 

later. It’s now 11:38 AM. And it’s getting ready and I’m updating Yesterdays blog posting and also this posting as well. It is mostly cloudy and cool. I’m hoping the 

rain will hold off. It’s now 12:01 PM. And it’s still cloudy and hopefully 

will be out of here by 12:30 PM. Did you know that SEPTA might have a strike soon yeah the day the union authorized

 a strike. The previous contract ends November 1, 2021. The last strike was in 2016. That lasted 6 days. 
God I hope they don’t go on strike. It doesn’t


 affect the regional rail so hopefully if they do go on strike they don’t go on strike
 till 

after  November 1 when I leave for California. We drove up street to the 

turnpike and it was a smooth ride. It didn’t rain which was nice. We arrived in the first went to the Jim Thorpe Memorial Park it was a tiny little area with a couple statues and plaques indicating

 the life and Times of Jim Thorpe. We went to the downtown area of the place and it was pretty nice we saw some cool old 
buildings in an abandoned church and some other 

novelties. I Sworl old abandon mill and some other cool things. I took a lot 

of pictures because there are things you see here that you don’t see 

background from. We then after that decided take a rest and I went to a place called 

Tommy’s steaks and subs and we both picked up some food to go. We got to go pick there’s so many people in there nobody was wearing mask so you really 

can’t eat in there. What is 430 and it’s not nearly as crappy as it was when we were 
last in there. What are the 
suns trying to peek out now and the Eagles are leading the Oakland Raiders seven nothing in the first. All I saw was an injured player. They’re playing shiny happy
 people on while I’m waiting. For my order. We ended up 

eating there because there were a lot less people hovering around the hoagie place. Tommy’s hoagies that is. The sandwich is really good and hit the spot  Real good. In 

between there we got to see a lot of sites. Later on after we ate we laughed and we saw the touristy part of Jim Thorpe 
Yea with the 

train and the cool looking train station. There was also a cute looking building it was extremely scenic. 
We must’ve approached Jim Thorpe another 

way because I don’t remember seeing it coming in. We ended up driving the Hyundai

 and it acted funny with its gears and I got tired behind the wheel so Lynne had to drive the rest of the way home. We got home around
8 PM. We watched a movie called King 
of hearts. It’s another movie with Alan Bates. He’s a Shakespearean kind of actor he’s very big in any all these British informed
films of Europe. I wonder what he’s like in a 



movie like an unmarried woman with Jill Clayburgh. This is the mid 70s relationship movies. Anyhow it was quite a day for sure

No comments: