Sunday, July 07, 2013

Off to LBI: July 5th 2013

Walking toward the the Bay
Below is a video of the trip to LBI. When a car is not available, it is an odyssey. I do enjoy them MOST of the time when I can travel  with leisure.

Mike cooking up the fish 
it's Mark.  I am going to document my trip to Long Beach Island (LBI). I first took the 21 Bus to 30th Street, then took the EL to the Broad Street Line to the Olney Transportation Center where I  waited for the Route 55 bus. I brought along some coffee, cereal, salt, SPF 30 lotion  house then some other stuff in my suitcase. This bus route took me VERY close to my Mother's place.    
After an hour and one-half I  arrived to Horsham where my Mother was waiting. We drove an hour & a half to LBI  and met  up with the rest of the family. I'm staying till Friday of the coming week.
Open since 1977
Well we did arrive around 3pm and saw the rest of the
Dinner. YUM
family. They had  already came back from the beach. John brought his girlfriend Doreen who is very nice. Also here is Dave, Debbie,  and the kids Lydia and Heidi. Mike and Mary and Anna are here is well. I then went to the beach. Dinner was a seafood delight! we had. flounder a swordfish. After dinner, we walked to the Custard Hut. It I was pretty fun and then we just chilled out.
Walking to the Custard Hut
We really got lucky the weather has been perfect so today and tomorrow is expected to be just as nice and warm.
Dave and John
                  
The law of averages seems to have played out considering June  was the rainiest June in recorded history in our area in Philadelphia.
John and Doreen
I think I am going to ride out my time here and with my job with the state. I have 8 years left and hopefully I can leave and just work part-time someplace or tr 
Here is a video of my brother's and I visiting the street we USED to have Summer home. We walked around. My Brother's and I took a walk to Bayview Ave in Brant Beach New Jersey at LBI. We used to have a Summer home on Bayview Ave for about 30 years. We went back to see what has changed and what hasn't. This was taken on my week stay at LBI.

No comments: