Thursday, September 09, 2010

Cold Turkey Observations:September 9th 2010

Commemorative sign introduced in 1993. Though ...Image via Wikipedia
Getting ready to blog this morning.
Its Thursday morning and I am not at work. Took the rest of the week off from the Welfare Wakka for a change. Well, the president has FINALLY gotten off his political duff and is starting to respond to the Republican campaign of government shutdowns and repealing the health care bill. I am one of those who say again. "Its about time!". Here is just a small sample of this speech
These values are not Democratic or Republican. They are not conservative or liberal values. They are American values. As Democrats, we take pride in what our party has accomplished over the last century: Social Security and the minimum wage; the G.I. Bill and Medicare; civil rights and worker's rights and women's rights. But we also recognize that throughout our history, there has been a noble Republican vision as well, of what this country can be. It was the vision of Abraham Lincoln, who set up the first land grant colleges and launched the transcontinental railroad; the vision of Teddy Roosevelt, who used the power of government to break up monopolies; the vision of Dwight Eisenhower, who helped build the Interstate Highway System. And, yes, the vision of Ronald Reagan, who despite his aversion to government, was willing to help save Social Security for future generations -- working with Democrats.
Anyway, you know where I stand. This past week was a bit rough. Tuesday on the Route 408 bus 48 folks jammed on the bus.
Ohh..THAT Smell!!! :(
That was bad enough but there was a HORRIFIC smell that gave me a bad tension headache and I almost wanted to barf. I swear it was rotting skin. It was the worst smell since I worked for the Philadelphia Corporation for Aging in 1991 and was making home visits to bedridden folks with gaping bedsores. A sassy nasty woman then got on my case for being silly. Damn, some folks will die with no sense of humor. THAT is too bad. After that, I had to deal with work and it just comfirmed that I need time off for working very hard and not seeing much in the fruits of my labor but hey, I have a job... I stayed over at my big-headed friend.
Arial view of my head
Not feeling very good in the hood
We walked to take care of some pet-sitting errends. One person stated about the Phillies that Joe Blanton has pitching problems in the first inning of a game and the 7th inning. They won that night to claim FIRST PLACE for the first time since May 30th. I then went to sleep real early and man that was good. I felt the best I have in the past 10 days and it showed at work. I was less snippy and felt calmer.The past few days has felt like cold turkey man. It was 10 days of BPD it made want to eat some KFC.
Oh I ran into Mayor Shannon and he reminded me that on Saturday September 11th the City of Millville will rededicate the Vietnam Veterans Memorial AND have a candlelight ceremony for the September 11th 2001 terrorist attacks. They will begin at Patriot Park then move to across the street. I hope to make it myself.
Well, time to get dressed so I can be of some help with our yard sale which is THIS Sunday Sept 12th. Below is what I do NOT miss about West Philly.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: