Sunday, September 12, 2010

September 9 Thru 11:Life in Future Past

Man I did work hard but enjoyed it too!
Well, after my last post it was time to report on more mundane stuff. Yesterday we hung out at our house getting ready for our big porch/yard sale.  I found some old notes from my graduate classes at Widener University. I started my grad school classes in September 2001. I was in my 2nd class the evening of September 11th and finding these notebooks flooded my mind with memories of how intense school was for me. Going to school uses parts of the mind not readly used working in a welfare office. Independent thought is not really encouraged or if it is its ignored anyway. The mind does rote actions and learns to react to different situations. In school, they expect that you read, understand, and report on what you have read. Man, I never wrote so MANY papers in my life. Thank God there were computers and the internet  in 2001. The hardest class was Quanitive Analysis, or Statistics for short. Looking at those notes made my head cramp. I am amazed that I got a good grade in that class. I feared FAILING this class. God must have been looking out for me since I had the best professor in Dr. Rose. She really taught and took the time to explain the concepts.I did toss a bunch of notebooks but saved Dr. Henderson's class of the Fall of 2001 and Dr. Rose's class in May 2003( same month my bother Mike get married).
On the 9th after my September 9th posting, we cleaned up the backyard and moved some of the outdoor furniture around and enjoyed
the cool sunny day. We had Jon and Densie come over as well as our new temp naighbor come over. We
even painted the statue of Mary we have had for awhile. It was nice to have people we know and like at our yard. It does not happen that often since we are both so busy with projects or coming home late from Philly. After that at dusk, we went once again to Seabreeze. The sun was setting and Jesus our pup was bounding over the decrepit seawall and on to the beach. I had Jon take photos of me on the seawall and I really liked the one here. I look like
I am in another world, such as Mars. I think its called the red planet, or is that Mercury. Anyone out there know. It also looks like I might be at the painted desert. I do believe I am a differnent reality that few really can comprehend. Then again most folks live in their own reality, I just know my own. I loved going there in the evening with the way the light and clouds create a visual  canvass of blues, reds and oranges. If I were a real artist,  I would come out here sometime before all this disappears into a faint memory. On the 10th besides clearing out stuff for our sale, we went to Pittsgrove in Salem County. We got off at the Brotmanville/Vineland exit at Garden Road. Boy, Pittsgrove is the place that time forgot. We went to an old fashioned hardware store,
Hardware Store in Pittsgrove NJ
where the woman acted like we were interrupting her time when we wanted to buy something. We were told the store has been there for 75 years and man I believe it. It was from a time long ago forgotten. The road configurations were quite odd as well.
Nice Intersection. Eh??
Check out this sign we saw off of Garden Road. Now we leaned from this woman that parts of Pittsgrove are called Norma and there were settlements of Holocaust survivors who moved in and they call the area "The Alliance". We saw a herd of about 5 deer right near the road we were on. I have NEVER seen so many dear so close in my life. The photo does not really show how close the deer were. Man, I would be afraid to drive on this road late at night. In fact a few days ago, somewhere elese in Cumberland County, a car passed us on the left and just missed of hitting a dear head-on. Damn! That was scary. September 11th has come and gone I spent the day doing errends but managed to have a beer in Hadden Township which is right next to Collingswood New Jersey I was picking up Carolyne from her class. Collingswood
At the rear of the bar 4pm 9-11-10
is a dry town but this bar had to be 100 yards from the border to Collingswood near the PATCO High Speed line. It was an old fashioned bar with several TV's with college football games on. I was watching Michigan Vs. Notre Dame. Michigan won in a close game. I then went shopping. First I went to Wal-Mart again to return an item and get some bedding and curtins for the house. I had to wait at customer service while another woman was paying $100 in cash for something and this young girl
was on the phone trying to activae a gift card. I mean, she could NOT get off the phone and help me. Well, I got what I needed anyway, so it was not a big deal.  Its now almost 1am on Sunday the 12rg. I have been browsing the internet and doing some laundry while eating 4 burritos. The last load is dry. I will not start to fold and put in basket and throw the last load. I then will go to bed and try not have June bark everyone awake.

Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

densieria said...

that is an awesome picture of u that Jonathan took. my first thought was "when was Mark in Arizona??" does not look like Jersey at all! Very cool. Facebook profile pic potential....

on a different note, my rain phobic dogs will not go outside. so I do not know if I can get to the yard sale. sucks. the entire car is loaded up. well, I'll have lots for next year I suppose.

Unknown said...

Maybe it will stop. We are here all day. Where is Jon??

Unknown said...

Thanks. I do not get to comment since I barley get time to sleep or breathe.
I think I am reaching 50 years old 2 years early. The mind is changing