Thursday, January 05, 2023

Thursday, January 5: Kevin McCarthy, Losing and dentistry

Good day everybody today I set the alarm on time but ended up turning

 it off and going back to sleep. I woke up to a jingle in my head. That’s the title of this blog

 or at least the working title. It’s about ice cream. Anyhow, I had my 

breakfast almost missed the train, but the train was three or four minutes late anyway
 so I was late to Mike’s a little bit, they’re 

continuing the curb cuts along 15th and Lombard or along 15th I think and I have 



a dentist appointment at 9:30 which will remain. We’ll see what happens 

there.  Anyhow, got some pretty good pictures. Along the way I think. It’s about

 all. Well I’m going to the dentist soon. This is how McCarthy’s going to get his way. McCarthy will just give 


away the whole store and I’ll probably voted man and the right wing will 

celebrate how powerful they are The 20 Congresspeople includes such the luminaries as, Matt, Gatz, and Lauren “Bobo”Boebert, and the shit show will officially begin. McCarthy wants the Speaker seat so bad he can taste it. Yum Yum Yum. well it’s 9:30 AM at the periodontist πŸ¦· office now and one thing nice about this. Is you 

get a great view of the city from the18th floor. I’m hoping it will lead to extensive
changes in the way my mouth looks an extensive cost. I got 

to meet the cute dog that Dr Wolgin owns adorable little dog. I forgot the kind it is but I should know

 it because it’s a pug or it could be a Frenchie. It’s a French bulldog. Well, Dr Wolgin took 

a look at the tooth. And he determined it was not a root canal problem. It was a 

different kind of problem. I will need to go to a Dr. Miller who’s on the second floor of Dr. Turner’s 

building at 16th and Walnut Street. So I need dental surgery on this tooth. After I get this appointment with 

Dr. Miller then go down to two Wells Fargo to deposit two checks in check out $20 with another



 check of his. Well that appointment Dr Wolgin was pretty quick. He looked at it and said it wasn’t a root

 canal problem. It was a surgery or extraction problem. It was not great news but not 

horrible news either. The best I could do is get a consult on the 18th. I was also told it 

anabiotic’s weren’t necessary. so I’m gonna find 

out on the 18th whether they can do surgery to save the tooth or have the tooth 

extracted which would cascade into a whole set of new problems. But the consult doesn’t

 fix anything and I’m going to Florida a week after the consult so Jesus Christmas. Anyhow, fortunately, all the 

stops are close. The next stop, was the Wells Fargo, which is really close on broad and 

Sansom. Those transactions went smoothly. That Wells Fargo building is a total throwback to all banks on the 

head 10 to 15 tellers because they have 10 to 15 teller booths with only two people staffing

 him. It’s an ornate building from the days gone by while I was walking from that somebody is doing a model

 shoot having a model walk across Broad Street. It was pretty funny.

 Well, I ordered a bunch of food today. I was running low on our lot of stuff so I just ordered while to get them was good



. I shouldn’t have to make a mass order food for a while. I just need to get through January 

or at least to the 25th when I go to Florida. Well it’s 1:05 PM PM and roll-call on the 7th round hasn’t finished yet McCarthy is not going to get his Speakership on this round. Matt Gaetz actually voted for Trump. It looks like the same 19 to 20 people are still vote against him. now 
off to an eighth vote. It’s now 1:27 PM. The 8th round is finished and McCarthy still lost with the same votes. In fact,  he lost one vote. It is now 3:45 PM that votes 
over and stupid Lauren Boebert is speaking and I’m going to yoga. But the class was good not to grab it and it was very warm because it’s in the mid 50s in the middle of January or early January that is. While I was
in class the House of Representatives  had a ninth vote and Kevin McCarthy did not get the votes for that either. They’re now going to do a 10th vote right now it’s 5:50 PM then 

do some networking with some people from my group. Well it’s now 5:58 PM 

McCarthy just failed in the 10th attempt to be Speaker. The next attempt to vote attempt number

 11. And I’m going to figure out what I’m gonna do next. It is now 9:01 PM and McCarthy lost his 11th vote 

The House then adjourned for the evening. A bunch of us from our 
group went to a fellowship really delicious restaurant right on Hamilton Street. It was very tasty. I didn’t realize the hungry I really was so I started chowing down. Appointment treated everybody to the dinner 

which was really nice. She’s going to Puerto Rico to live and buy some property and renovate it. She’s really into real estate. She calls herself an investor .

No comments: