Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Moving Along in July

Its Tuesday and well, I took the bus for the first time this entire month. The NJ Transit Route 408 was OK. I then, took SEPTA from 8th Street to 49th and Baltimore Ave to check on a cat that I have been pet sitting for over the past 2 weeks. Her first check just showed up. It took 2 weeks to be delivered from Arkansas. I saw a friend while taking the route 34 Trolley. He just bought a home in Ventnor. I asked him for a mutual friend to call me sometime. He seems way to buzy running a company called New Revenna which make really cool mosac tiles that I could NEVER afford. Well, the New Jerse Motorsports Park is the subject of much debate about the noise. A fellow blogger Robert Owens calls out the park in a blog entry called Quid Pro Quo But for Whom?   He states that if the track can do something about the noise, the city of Millville will allow the ATV Track to be built. Don't take my word for it. Lets see what Mr. Owens has to say
There you go. Do something about the noise to get the taxpayers voters off our backs and we’ll grant you the right to build the ATV track on the land you already own.

Of course, Millville loses in this deal. We won’t get the money from the sale of land that was already agreed to. That land was further away from the town’s residences.

And what faith can taxpayers/voters have that this committee will negotiate anything good? The first round got us a track that has negatively affected our homes. Local politicians are no match for the corporate track owners and their lawyers.
He lives near the park and states he does not want it shut down. Again I say that there does not seem to be communication that is constructive. This committee does not have have plain old Millville residents. I guess that the city figured that the issue is too polarizing. I would have like to be asked to be on that committee. I support the track and I would like to find a middle ground. WoW!! Did I just say that? Must be the coffee kicking in again. It would be tough being on that committee since I would piss off someone. I think that is why they have committees to take the heat off and to find SOME KIND of resolution to the noise issue. TrackRacket has sued the city and that is not very constructive and the racetrack folks have not come out and say in public that they understand what some reasonible folks are saying. I am not including folks who want to just make political hay for themselves like Millville First.

U.S. Census Bureau map of Millville, New JerseyImage via Wikipedia

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: