Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tuesday Thoughts: Ogrens, Rain and USA as a Police State

Today is Tuesday which means time to take out the garbage. It seems now at 7:37am not as hot as the past few days. Yesterday, Philadelphia had 2 downpours. I just missed getting caught in it. I was taking the bus and train and got in 15 minutes before the storm hit. You can see the clouds looming right near the welfare office I work at located at 57th and Market Streets.
I drive in today. I have 3 dogs to walk and a cat to visit. The first dog walk is this morning, so I have to keep this fairly short.
I see the Ogren Family is a big deal here in Cumberland County. Ogren Constriction of Vineland New Jersey is constructing the Levoy Theatre. I have been taking photos as the work progress. A friend very involved with the theatre project mentioned a group called Runner Runner on her facebook page. Ryan Ogren is the front man.She and her friends were raving about them. Now I know why!! Today I read about them in the AC Press and how they are going to be on the Jimmy Kimmmel show tonite. I am sure it will be tweeted and discussed on Facebook. Those Ogrens show know how to get around!
I want to read the Washington Post special report on Top Secret America. It reports on how since September 11th, a growing national security apparatus has grown and how its out of sight from most Americans and how pervasive it is. Does the state in 20-40 years from now. I will be pretty old in 40 years so I would not really feel its harsh effects but our children and grandchildren will pay in the loss of freedom we take for granted today. Soon guilt by association will be the norm not just in New Jersey Play to pay and nepotism in awarding contracts. Privatizationwill be the norm. Think about it. Its pretty scary
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: