Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Great Millville Thunderstorm July 25



As I was finishing my paint scraping and sanding, the clouds rolled in. Before I knew it I was scrambling to clean up when a great rain and wind came from the heavens. The wind was blowing the rain sideways and stuff was flying by and trash cans and debris were floating. It was a hurricane outside. At 4:05pm we had a blackout and did not have power for over 24 hours. Millville was hit HARDEST by this huge thunderstorm which had winds up to 70 MPH. The damage was seen all around and there were tree limbs everywhere. It was one hell of a storm that's for sure! Here is my video during the storm.

The damage was extensive when I woke up in the dark yesterday morning. We just got our power back yesterday late afternoon. Our food made it! Carl Johnson reports on the damage in Millville several blocks away!

Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Stuart said...

We had a nasty storm here in DC, perhaps part of the same storm front that rolled through. Lots of people are still without power, but we got ours back late yesterday morning.