Saturday, July 17, 2010

3rd Friday and The Day After

Yesterday was 3rd Friday but before that, I went to work with the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare. I work in the Office of Income Maintenance and it was fairly busy as usual. Phone calls, reports etc. One of the things I find myself doing is fixing paper jams on the Xerox copier that is near my desk. The part on the photo gets VERY HOT and paper gets stuck in this cartridge and 2 other places. A person will just leave it like that. I guess its under my job description as "other related duties". We would be crippled with out these copiers. We now can scan documents to the computer so I do need to file. Its kind of cool to be able to fix this problem since I can work and so can others without waiting for the office manager to stop by and fix it.
Well, after I earned my keep, I did errands like going  pick up some scrips for a friend and stop by another friend and get some items for the weekend.
When I got to Millville, I walked my dog Jesus and visited Bogart's Books in the Millville Arts District and saw some friends and a creepy dude who carries his pistol. It was getting pretty hot for the dog and I so I went home and did not get out for the rest of the evening. A band was setting up and folks were hanging out in front. Bogart's was the place to be on this 3rd Friday unlike last year when the Fithian House Gallery had nice gathering for its 3rd Friday. The band The Great Unknown played outside our hometo the enjoyment of all who were there. Today, I am going to deliver some Fithan House items that someone bought using a gift certificate she got last year and she found 2 items that she liked.
This morning I went to Bogarts with Jesus and he relaxed on the floor while the store was getting ready for a new day. I saw the book "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" displayed on the table I was sitting. Its part of a trilogy written by Stieg Larsson who died right as he finished his 3 books. I saw a woman on the train reading it and I might want to check it out. Anyone with a review of the book, please make a comment or go to my Facebook page and let me know what you think. Man, I dig technology but I am glad it was not around when I was in high school or college. I have mellowed out (a bit) and I do not fall in to traps like having embarrassing moments for employees to google me. Kids are being busted for sexting nowadays which some say is easier the photocopying your butt.
Well the New Jersey Motorsports Park continues to elicit hot rhetoric about the noise problem. Most are content to ignore the problem or just complain in the newspapers or on blogs. The person in the paper at least had a suggestion which is a start. The blogger also does explain his pointswith detail which is more then I can say for most pro or con! When I get time one day, I just need to go to a house nearby and videotape the sound myself, then visit the park and have a normal adult conversation about the status of the place and what the plans are for the future and how they are going to answer the critics. Failure is REALLY not an option for Millvile or myself. I do know some want failure and I really do not have anything to help those poor souls.
Well, time to get some stuff done before 3pm besides blogging.

Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A good way to PREVENT copier jams is to fan the paper before you put it in. Cheap paper sticks together, fanning helps unstick it.

Anonymous said...

do it several times