Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Enter July 2010

Well, to start the nice cool weather we had last week is GONE. Today portends to be the hottest day of the year thus far. 102 degrees in Philly. Its now 6:05am and I am actually starting to get hot. Got a trusty fan going on my face so here goes.
Since I last wrote, there was a crime summit called Symposium 2010: Removing the Road to Jericho. I was not able to make it since I was overnight in Philly. Again fellow blogger Robert Owens took up the slack. He covers the event extensively. There video highlights and he leaves it up to the viewer to decided the merits of this symposium. There is one thing I noticed, the amount of folks was alot less then in January 17th 2008.during a Community Summit on Gang Violence.
The 4th of July weekend was pretty good by any standard. On the 3rd we went to Brigantine Beach on the North End. They allow dogs there and its a laid back scene with no lifeguards. We joined my niece and her fiance there. They bought their dog and we took our 2 pups. It was a nice sunny day and we plan to do it again soon. More photos can be seen on my Facebook page.
On the 4th we did some household chores for the Summertime. First I unjammed a window that had been painted shut. I had a nice tool to use and it was not too bad of a job. Next got a hammock set up in the backyard studio so there are more ways to relax when the time arrives. Hit the stores and got a few summer clothes that update me a bit. Jon and Densie stopped by and we just hung out and chilled a bit.
To close out the holiday, we did various things. First we walked the dogs and cooled off at Bogarts books were we had some homemade iced tea. We like to cool off the dog s on the nice cold floor and mellow out. Man downtown Millville would not be the same if THIS store closed. Its the ONLY bookstore in Cumberland County you know!! We decided not go out for lunch. Jon came over to help get our 1978 Bus started. It had been sitting idle for several months and I could not get it started myself. It finally started after Jon had hooked up some tools of his. Still it took 30 minutes or so to get it running and the cool part is that it idled very well.Its been awhile since we got the Bus in shape. Its not cheap and other stuff had to be attended to. We hope this will be the year. Anyone know of a decent mechanic who can handle this job let me know!! We stopped by Jon and Densie's house to have take out and help around the house. Pat hit the ATM and rode his motorcycle down and we took care of some business. We carried stuff and hauled some unwanted furniture. We had a little fun smashing 2 chairs to they could fit in Jon's car. Man that was pretty fun, I bet y'all jealous eh??
Well, its now going on 8am and I have to take a quick shower and go to work. I have a dentest apt to clean my teeth and lots of pet sitting today. Man, its a buzy one today. Share and enjoy this with your friends!!

No comments: