Friday, July 09, 2010

Interesting Stuff

My brother John called me last nite and told me about this site called bit.ly. It shortens links so you can share. Its very handy for Twitter since each entry is only 140 letters. I REALLY want them to hook up with Facebook. Then this site will REALLY take off. I notice some folks have been using this but you know, I have been preoccupied with other things. I tend not to use Twitter for a few reasons. First off I do not have a smart phone at present. Second, my workplace BLOCKS Twitter, Facebook YouTube etc. The only thing I use is my email and that is limited when it comes to social networking. I am hoping that this bit.ly will increase traffic to my blog. John linked me to an event called the Imagine Cup. Microsoft sponsors this competition each year. Next year it will be in New York. The coolest part was seeing that First Lady Michelle Obama sent congratulations to the students completing in this event. Its nice to know we have a first lady engaged and interested in future technology

1 comment:

Unknown said...

你是誰?你能不能讓我知道。 你住在哪裡?我住在新澤西州在美國。

My Reply in Chinese
Who are you? Where do you live. I live in New Jersey in the USA