Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Tuesday, May 16: Funeral Service, & Primary Election


It is really loud outside with the birds and the fire engines. It’s 5:30 AM and I want to back to sleep. The thought of moving is unsettling. I am funeral service to go to today. Hello!  Home is my Womb. Anyhow, I got up after a very strange dream which I will not discuss here because it’s too strange for any kind of public outcry. Anyway, I went to Mike’s and somehow
got into the

 memory HOLE of old videos from 2014, 2013, all the way back to 2008 in 

Millville. I sent a bunch of them. I even had one of Patrina whose funeral service I’m going 

to today, she’s such a nice person with a good heart it’s just a shame she had some 

health challenges. Anyhow, Mike showed me an old cool commercial
 you know cool cigarettes it was funny. And then got him a sandwich 

and heading out to catch the EL and then catch the Norristown high speed line. 

It’s now 9:31 AM. I have to be at Donna‘s by 11 to get a ride the rest of the way  in Norristown. 

I’ve been sending those videos to family members and friends. I’m very fortunate 

to another nice day out here and it’s pretty mild as well. Today I also

 have to vote go to Yoga and get back to Mike’s. Not necessarily in that order. I talked to 

Alice because I sent an old video from 2008 when all of us Krull’s saw each

 other that included everyone in the family of the time.  Anyhow, I caught the Allen time. I was very fortunate. I 

left Mike’s earlier than the suggested time on Google Maps because I had about five minutes



 between the EL and the Norristown high-speed line at 69th St. I got the Norristown train and then got to 

Donna’s around 11 AM and she came down from her apartment and we drove out to Jeffersonville, 

which is really suburban Norristown. Went to the barn playhouse. This was a really appropriate place 

to have the service because Patrina was very involved with theater out of this area in Norristown 

in King of Prussia. She was a natural born theater person. I’ve known that since junior high when I was 

in theater with her and end high school.  it was a very very nice service.They organized 

dinner nice job and considering the pressure that they had to get something together. Don and I left a little bit early because 

both of us had to go back to work. I’m supposed to catch the 1:50 PM train to 69th St. and then catch

 the market Frankford line and I should be able to get at Mike’s before 3:15 PM  

so I could sign out. And then going to go to yoga and then I gotta go vote in person. I have NOT voted in person in three years. So I gotta go to Drexel Hill and vote after I do my 4 o’clock yoga class.  

While I was at the service, or just before that, I met a woman who was in the Philomusica Chorale. I was in that group in 1995 when I lived in West philly. So I’m considering going back. The group practices in 

Chestnut Hill just like I did before and the woman and her wife live in 

Upper Darby so I could possibly get a ride so we’ll see Also, I found out 

I have an in person appointment with DM medical because I will I’ve hit three

 day 365 being in the study.  Anyhow, I made it to class on time and that room was nice combo of hot and

 humid. Just cooking. It’s very crowded. It was like a regular rock ‘n’ roll. 

paradise. Anyhow it’s now 551 and I need to catch the EL all the way back to 69th St., and then take the

 107 bus in Glenolden bus to my polling station. I have seven minutes

 to catch my bus to Glenolden. I’m not going all the way to Glenolden, but that’s the bus I take. The picture that’s on the block with the hat on top of the dashboard is a picture 

taken 2008 I believe I’m heading home from work in the car and down the pirate I think just died or it’s pretty close to that time. It’s a I steal from a 

video from that time. I went way back to the year 2008. Anyhow, I got to the bus on time and the bus took me to a 

really nice part of Drexel Hill. My polling place is next to this large Catholic Parish, and

 at the polling place is at a school right next to it. There are some very nice young 

volunteers working the polling places. It was really different because I’ve never voted in 

person there. They had a record of me voting so I didn’t have to show my ID. 

Anyway, they give you a sheet that’s a paper ballot and then you fill in the boxes and then after that

 you go up to a scanner and gobbles up the ballot. I had to call my brother to find out the best choices for the Democrats  in the primary I voted for Boyd in the special election unfortunately

 and ended up she ended up winning so the Democrats have control of the state house of representatives which is a relief. Now the Republicans kept pushing 
the constitutional amendment stating abortion is not a right in Pennsylvania. Anyhow, after I voted, I took the bus back and I was pretty tired so I eat my leftovers talked on the phone I later found out that Cheryl Parker won the Democratic nomination for Philadelphia mayor so she’s going to be the next mayor.

No comments: