Friday, June 04, 2010

Thoughts of June 3rd..

Good day from Millville NJ at 8am in the morning. Its going to be a hot one today June 4th 2010. Yesterday was a day like some. I worked my butt off at work trying to keep up. After work, I went to a friend's house seeing what was up. Their apt is a bit depressing with the aged off-white walls EVERYWHERE. They want to get out but the rent seems to be cheaper and they have 2 floor to themselves. It could use some cheering up and a few cans of fresh paint I then slogged to the Walt Whitman bridge where lanes were blocked. The traffic was backed up for miles!! It turns out I saw only one car since I suppose, the other car was already removed. Maybe the person hit the guardrail and spun around. Hopefully nobody got hurt. After I got back to Millville, there was a Zoning Board meeting. We had one application which was fairly routine. Went to the Oar House for a bit and saw a few friends who opined about the status of Lou Magazzu and county politics. Apparently there are rumors afoot and power plays going on.
In Millville a whole host of folks are retiring. It has been stated that 10% of the workforce will retire in July.Its a good opportunity to save money for the long term! Lou Thompson is one of the many and it appears that his assistant City Manager Susan G. Robostello, will take over. I was told that Millville is one of the few (if not the only) cities of its size to have a position as Assistant City Manager. Well, its obvious that Millville can not afford THAT position. If Mr. Thompson was making about $130,000 per year, then the assistant could have been making at LEAST 50-75 THOUSAND per year plus benefits.
I am off to get ANOTHER tooth extracted at 8:30am this am since another root canal has gone bad. Then go to work the best I can.
Carl and Liz are showing on First Friday in Bridgeton. They are showing at Gallery 50 Bye

No comments: