Sunday, June 27, 2010

Watering the Garden..

Today while Carolyne was in yoga teacher training, I set about watering the parched plants and other related duties. The dogs were walked and enjoy it much. I then watered the fun plants which
were parched. Several of them were drooping from the heat. Fred stopped by with his latest work he made last night. Quite the creative man that's for sure! Looking forward to dinner tomorrow nite. I am going to have to hustle out of work to catch the 555pm bus out of Camden to get home on time.
Its now 5:08 pm and I just read that extra Federal money for the states was stopped by the GOP. Yup, thats their way, get brownie points for being fically tight and may EVEN cause a double-dip recession in time for the 2010 and 2012 elections. They first cut off Unemployment benefits. Its going to affect DPW where I work. I think next contract there will be NO pay raises and its NEXT YEAR!!
Rendell had one word last week to describe the impact on the state budget should the Medicaid money be permanently axed: Armageddon.

He predicted the loss would result in 20,000 layoffs of state, county, and municipal workers, as well as public school teachers. Losing the money could also affect thousands of social-service organizations in the private sector that rely on state funding.

Now its 5:16pm. Time to get a cold one at Bojos. Hope I got done what I needed to get done. I think I will need to go to the supermarket later on this evening since food is running out. Well, I did go shopping but forgot milk. Oh well. I did get to go swimming at Carl's. Man, that was cool. His dog Thor joined us in the pool and it was fun. I bought a 6 of Miller Lite from the City Liquer just before it closed at 8. Man that is so ghetto there. You feel like your are in a bigger city when you see some of the folks who go there. I should go there more often for a swim. It cooled me off BIG TIME. Well, on to Monday and the week ahead...

1 comment:

Seffliva said...

Nice topic! I enjoyed reading it. I also love watering my garden,so enjoyable. Anyway, thanks for sharing this post. Looking forward for your next post.

pressure washer hose