Friday, June 25, 2010

Its Friday June 25th

Good morning. Good news to report. The City and the Millville Police Union agreed to no layoffs for the Police. Instead the police will have 8 unpaid furlough days. I am really relieved about this. We need all the police we can muster. Glad, both sides kept their heads and made a fair agreement. Its been a long hot summer of crime. Just 2 doors down on my block of Pine, there have been 2 robberies this past week. I was told the Bloods were involved from my neighbor. There were lots of police but the latest scum got away. Yesterday, we had a VERY POWERFUL thunderstorm. It happened about 3:15 to about 4pm in Philly. Millville got 10 minutes. It had hail and some swear there was a tornado but that has NOT been confirmed as of now. It was a sight to see

Last night was Artists night at Carl's. We had delicious gumbo and a Stromboli from Hard Times pizzeria near the Ashley store. Man that was good. We had good conversation about BP, the Millville Police agreement, and that dude who went to Pakisstan to capture Osama Bin Laden. He failed but then again who didn't. We wondered aloud if Bin Laden is really DEAD. He needs kidney dialysis and well Pakistan and Afghanistan are not the most advanced in the health care field. Finished the nite with Sitar Bob and Carl listening to some coo groovy tunes. I will find out the name soon!! In the outside world, things are pretty much the same. Gov. Christie is calling on Public Sector workers to "share sacrifice" with the NJ budget. I KNOW next July state workers will be asked..no TOLD to share the sacrifice no matter WHO is elected Governor of the Commonwealth of Pa. I am sure my pay increase in October this year will be the LAST for several years. Well, I will keep my benefits then I can live with that. So many are unemployed around me so I ain't gonna bitch. Now if the Pa Legislature fiddles with the budget AGAIN, I at least will GET PAID!! Our Union SEIU 668 took the state to court and the court stated that state employees must be paid. So thank God for that. Oh and still more complaining about the NJ Motorsports Park. Not sure what the opponents REALLY want. This writerseems rational for asking racing to stop at 10pm. He says that racing went till Midnight. Yup, I can hear it but I hear the sound of commerce and economic help which Lord knows we need here in Millville. One last item to write about today. NJ Transit is going to eliminate one of the times for my bus the Route 408. The 6:15 out of Camden is history after today. So I either catch the 5:55 or catch the 6:53pm and if I MISS the 6:53pm due to errands or pet-sitting, then the NEXT bus is 8:13pm YIKES. This is pretty bogus I say my fares go up 15% and I have less rides. My biggest salary increase EVER was 4% and I have worked for the state for almost 20 years! Oh F**ing well, the Middle Class squeeze. When I ask my co-worker at the Welfare Office, "What's up?", she says.."the gas bill, the water bill, electric bill!! NOW that's what's REALLY UP!!! Well, lets hope SEPTA (they increase their fares July 1st) does not have problems like the one that happened below with smokey tracks. Oh I am driving today and doing several pet jobs. Lets hope Team USA beats Ghana tomorrow afternoon!! Next week is supposed to be cooler. Lets hope so...

No comments: