Sunday, June 27, 2010

Last Weekend: June 2010

Its again hot here at 11:56pm on Saturday June 26th. My cat is sprawled out next to me and the fans are blowing air all around. We have stayed off the AC's but we 3 new fans. I think we will still make out. One of the roommates uses the AC in her room and in her space but that is all so far. Friday took the car to work and happened to cruse on my old block at 49th and Locust Streets. It was sunny out and it pretty much looked the same as the video below shows. I see that the University City Swim Club got a pretty good mural on the wall at 49th Street between Spruce and pine. When I lived there the Garden Court Community Assn discussed this issue and I do not know when it was finished.

I got to work 15 minutes late but worked hard to clear away work and answer as many calls as I could. I got my evaluation on this day as well. It was good but one negative is that I can stir things up and I at times irritate others. No body's perfect. A Supervisor collapsed in the ladies room but was conscious when the ambulance showed up. It was a bit scary and I hope she is ok.
Today, I went to Carolyne's yoga class. I first had to have some iced coffee to wake me up and it seemed to work. Carolyne, Steve, and Janet had a photo shoot with a student photographer, who Carolyne met on Facebook thru Piranha Betty's Facebook page. This gallery put her plan to have photo shoots with artists in their studios. We learned that Piranha Betty's closed and that the woman who ran it went home to Nova Scotia. I forgot her full name but I did remember that her last name was Dye. She was cool and seemed to know what she was doing. She took really good photos of Carolyne with June our small pup. I am looking forward to seeing her blog and then the book that that she plans to publish. She also had a photo shoot with Dennis Taws as well. I am curious of what he thought of his session. I suppose I might find out pretty soon. We are planning to have dinner with Fred Kramer Monday night. What a treat that will be. He is good company who cooks wonderful food.
Well, the US Soccer Team LOST to Ghana 2-1. It was fustratating game to watch. The US had its chances and Ghana took advantage of 2 US defensive errors to prevail. this is the 2nd World Cup in a row that Ghana ended the US run! Phillies lost 5-1 to the Toronto Blue Jay and the Oil from the BP oil well STILL keeps on flowing in the the Gulf and a tropical storm is heading toward the Gulf as I write this.
Well, good night. Time to shower and cool off. The heat keeps on coming and it seems not to end. Its really now 1:12am and its really time to hit the sack

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I will respond to this post. Here is the translation.
"Can impart knowledge, wisdom can not. Each person must be his own."

你是谁??你有一个博客,您可以共享?你是怎么找到我的博客?我希望你不只是一个垃圾邮件发送者!。我住在新泽西州在美国的好极了。有一个好的一天!