Friday, May 21, 2010

Police Protest at Millville City Commission

The real reason I write is what I witnessed at City Hall on Tuesday night. There I saw a mass of large men in crew cuts hanging around at the foot of the steps leading to the City Commission meeting. Earlier I saw some Vineland firemen at the Oar House at the bar from 4:30 till about 6pm. I had a feeling they were going to the meeting to support the Millville Cops. I was CORRECT! They were very intimidating for sure. Some even mocked my PINK camera (oh well.) Now I do understand that NOBODY wants to lose their jobs and lord knows we need the police in Center City Millvill where I live, I just did not find the mob mentality that was present. Well, the Motersports Park got the Ok from a private firm. This is not a surprise since the noise ordenance does allow 80db for 20 minutes. Its good news that the city is having negotations with the NJMP. I trust that Dale Finch will handle it with poise. I just thought of something, the sound of the Oar House on band nite (last nite was a good example) has got to be louder then the racetrack and it lasts longer then 20minutes. I do know of course I KNEW that a bar was close by.

No comments: