Monday, October 22, 2012

Sunday October 21st

A Close-up of the Mariposa Co-op
Yesterday Sunday was a nice sunny day in West Philly. I first met a friend at the Satellite Cafe located at 50th and Baltimore Ave at the old Firehouse. Remember the Firehouse Food Market? Now it a Sam Adams Brew house.
New Location for the Mariposa Co-op
Anyhow my Friend and I had a fun time drinking coffee and making each other laugh. I love to laugh and make others laugh as well. It really take my mind off my clutter that fills my mind. I took no photos since we were having a such a fun time talking and sharing. Hope we will make it a habit. This is a good positive habit for me. As I was riding back towards my place, I saw for the first time the NEW location for the Maraposa Co-op! They have moved to a large building that used to hold a bank and it most recently was a church.
I will have to go inside sometime. Boy when I first joined, there were LESS then 200 members. This was way back in 1995 before the Penn Alexander School was built and made West Philly safe for young parents to send their kids to public school.. This of course depends where you live. My side of 44th and Sansom is NOT in the Catchment Area BUT across the street is. Go figure.
42nd and Chestnut
After I got home, I decided to take out the trash get some iced tea and start blogging. I wrote about Saturday's Terror Film Festival and looking up some of my inactive blogs. I plan to copy some of them and post them on this blog since this is the one I plan to stick with.
After that I napped. Nice quick hr nap. I then took the 21 Bus, returned Keys to a friend and met another friend at Saxby's Coffee where I got a smoothie. We talked and went next to an 8pm meeting. It was packed but a nice young woman shared her story. I then got back and FINALLY got my clean laundry from the You Do, We Do.

Here are the latest polls for the Nov 6 election. Shit its close!!
Click for www.electoral-vote.com


No comments: