Sunday, October 21, 2012

Route 55 Visits the Terror Film Festival

Well, good day my faithful ghosts and goblins. Its October and besides the climax..of the Presidential campaign, we have Halloween FAST approaching. Its coming so fast that I will be in Area 51 before I know it.
Yesterday October 31st, I caught up with the last day of the the 2012 Terror Film Festival. The above video is featuring Princess Horror.
Good Movie
She was pretty good at being the MC. Now as many of you know I am not a huge horror movie buff, I am not even a real movie buff. (Love that word buff..) I was invited by Larry my friend to check it out. I got a break on the price since I got there a bit late (as usual) and I got to see 2 of the movies and get apple cider and a cookie. My favorite of the the films I saw was "I Can Smoke"That was a good short for sure. The best part was at the end, it was unexpected. Guess you can see the trailer on you tube or on my Facebook page.I got to see the filmmaker and a few of the actors that are in this flick.
Princes Horror w/Actor
After a break the feature film called "Garden of Hedon" It was funky horror movie where at the end one of the characters has to make a Faustian choice (Hey that's what the filmmaker said!) and quite frankly you will have to read the following to begin to understand.
* GARDEN OF HEDON: You wake in a dark room. A dead woman lies next to you in bed. You don't know who she is. You don't know how you got here. You don't even know where "here" is. You only know that your name is Owen, and you're a homicide detective. Welcome to the Garden of Hedon. Richard Cutting (National Treasure, All My Children), Danielle Lozeau (Common Avenue, Legion, John C. Bailey (In The Heat of The Night). MD
Like I said earlier, I am not a movie critic nor a horror movie expert. It was cool to expand my horizons.
Book I Bought
A Signed Copy of her Book.
There were awards handed out after I had go to bed. Veronica Kegel-Giglio won 1st place short film feature length screen play!I bought a book she wrote in 2008 called "Love Lust, Lies and Murder" Her and her husband invited me to attend and I am glad I did. Next Year I will attend more and give a full accounting of the proceedings. I never thought I would attend such an event. Nice people who did an honest job of presenting a well-attended event.

No comments: