Sunday, October 28, 2012

Sunday Oct 28 Sandy: The Beginning

3 Cans in My Meal I Made
Front Window
Today is October 28 and the rain has started as of about 3 PM it's about 430 now. Earlier I went to the Satellite Cafe st 50th and Baltimore Ave. We talked about Stinking Lizaveta She has jury duty for 3 WEEKS starting Monday. (the City of Philly is closed till Weds October 31st due to hurricane Sandy.) after we split our separate ways,
Lending My Neighbor a Transpass
I went to the State Store and made it though the storm driven crowd to fetch some cheap red wine and also an umbrella at a PACKED CVS. Last errand, was to get Indian food for my rice surprise?. . I pulled out my air conditioner. I have been face I pulled out my air conditioner booking and e-mailing quite a bit at Pats place before I started cooking my dinner and lunch for a few days. now I am cooking up some rice Indian surprise and then I plan to go to pats house and hang out meantime I have to remember to charge my phone up in case the power does go out. Now my phone is charged up and I will at some point go to Pat's

Well, Its now 6:40 and the Commonwealth of Pa has not DECIDED us state employee if we are to report to work. I mean Corbett declared a STATE OF EMERGENCY! In my 20 years Republican or Democrat, every governor dithers on giving us the day off. He says folks to stay home and be safe, yet he is considering having us slog though the wind and rain of this FRANKENSTORM!!  I mean REALLY....REALLY??
This is from the Harrisburg Patriot News as of 7 PM  tonite:
Corbett was having an evening meeting with Cabinet members to discuss the preparations their departments are taking. He said that's when it will be discussed whether state employees should report to work tomorrow. For now, he said employees should plan on coming to work.

As for schools, he said school officials are well practiced at knowing what to do in weather emergencies.


“Be prepared to stay in your homes for an extended period of time, a few days and possibly without power, without water,” he said, to citizens.
I do not see any reason for non-essential state government employees to report. None of my clients are going to make it. SEPTA is going to be shut down, schools are closed, the City of Philadelphia is closed. Come on Governor, you declared a STATE OF EMERGENCY. Lets just call it a day.
Its now going on 7:30 pm and so far it seems to be pretty calm right now. Even the presidental election is being affected by this storm. This storm is going to Virginia, Ohio, and Pa
Boy, my Indian Surprise is SPICY. Its so delicious that I will share with Pat and whoever wants to visit my humble abode.
I talked to my old temp roommate tonite while eating my meal and he told me about this musician called "Rodriguez"  His full name is Sixto Rodriguez. I was URGED to check him out, so I went to YouTube and found this tune. Its pretty cool.

I think I am not going to work. I am tired and need to sleep in. Its now 9pm and here are some more highlights of early today. Enjoy them and be safe.





No comments: