Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Sandy:The Aftermath (Here Comes November)

Near My Place
Desktop Mona Lisa
I did a lot of blogging the last few days. If you want to see them while waiting for the plane or watching paint dry, I would be gleeful. I am a show off when I get in my blogging and coffee moods. Its one of the things I hope I can do when I get to retire. Well that IS 9 YEARS from NOW! My blog is the FEMA Food Stamp program last year. I have to wonder if we at DPW are gong to run the program and IF so, will it be better run?  Anyway here is a video from West Philly at Chestnut near 42nd street near my place I am drinking coffee and getting ready to start my latest blog. I am a geek !
Today I did not do much but do Facebook messaging. I am now at Pat's just sorting out photos to post,
then I will be meeting my sponsor. 
Next weekend I hang with 2 of my friends and their families. They will be visiting me and then we  will be going to the Olive Garden for Saturday night dinner where we celebrate my 51st year on planet earth. 
5 pm at 19rh Street
58th St.Long Beach Island
On Nov 10, I am visiting a friend in Maryland for a party. I got a ride to go to her party. The weekend of Nov 17 and Nov 24 I take a class on Auto Safety all day. Then there is Thanksgiving  Last year I went to my brother's place in Towson MD. He and family were left unscathed by Sandy.  Boy 2012 is going fast.  They are actually talking about postponing  the Election since Ohio got creamed just like New Jersey. Long Beach Island (LBI) was hit hard by Sandy. My sister found this Tumblr site with a bunch of photos of LBI under water or under sand.  Speaking of New Jersey, Gov Christie has looked good. He declined a Romney Photo Op. Umm. If Romney loses, then the door is open for a possible run for President.
Next I read that the NY Islanders are moving to Brooklyn NY . As usual, the owners could not get the new arena they wanted. That is a surprise that a team dedicated to folks living in Nassau County now will have fans going all the way to Brooklyn. Very interesting for sure.  Here is raw video of Spray Beach and south

Pat and Sketch
To close out this entry. I wanted to let you know that Pat did a really nice sketch for a retiring co-worker. Here he is with his creation. That was nice of him for sure. 
Well, back to reality. It was a good break for me it,s sad for others who have to clean up the mess that Sandy left.

No comments: