Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Election Update: October 23rd

I crashed at 8pm and woke at 6am. I missed the debate but the web had all kinds of info and clips. The President had some good comebacks at Gov Romney. There is one that was pretty funny: Mitt, the '80s Called. They Want Their Policies Back" I think my personal favorite of the highlights was the President taking Gov Romney to school about the nature of the modern military and military spending in general. Here is the exact response from the President and the video

"But I think Gov. Romney maybe hasn't spent enough time looking at how our military works," the president continued. "You mentioned the Navy, for example. And that we have fewer ships that we had in 1916. Well, governor, we also have fewer horses and bayonets because the nature of our military has changed." "We have these things called aircraft carriers where planes land on them. We have these ships that go underwater, nuclear submarines. And so, the question is not a game of Battleship where we're counting ships, it's what are our capabilities?"
The President was sharp and he is going to need to continue to be sharp for the duration of the election. Unlike Gov. Romney, President Obama does not have the luxury to slip up. He will have to be his best to eeek out a win in 2 weeks Here is a map from the Huffington Post dated from Yesterday October 23rd
Left, Current Map, Top Right: Romney Wins, Bottom Right: Obama Wins!
This site allows you to create your own map. I made 2 maps. I gave Obama, Colorado, Iowa, Michigan. I gave Romney Virginia, North Carolina, Florida, and New Hampshire. I agree with most that Ohio will decide this election just like in the 2004 election where the Electoral votes of Ohio enabled George W. Bush to win over John Kerry. On my map, Romney will win with 270 Electoral Votes over President Obama who will get 268 Electoral votes. Look closely at OHIO. That is the ballgame folks...AGAIN
2004 Presidential Election: Note Ohio
2000 Election Bush v Gore: Florida and Ohio
As one can see, Romney can pull off this election. Frankly a Romney Win would in essence look like the 2000 election. It also looks like my Map that I created except I gave Obama that state. Let me know what you think.

No comments: